Sergiño Dest

pers

I remember Bayern wanted him so badly and he was top priority to sign back then. Is he really that bad? Not including him in squad looks strange to me.

topt

I remember Bayern wanted him so badly and he was top priority to sign back then. Is he really that bad? Not including him in squad looks strange to me.

it was a marketing signing for Bayern, damn glad we dodged this bullet

khaled_a_d

While I agree with the general consensus that he is shit, I still believe he is the best shit RB option we have.

Last edited:

serghei

While I agree with the general consumer that he is shit, I still believe he is the best shit RB option we have.

I think we should stop moaning, and play him. Plenty of top teams have some weak positions. Not every team is Liverpool, City, Bayern, or Madrid.

Araujo should only play RB to counter a massive 1 vs 1 monster like Mbappe and Vini. That's it. Don't ever wanna see him there if not against these players.

JamDav1982

I think we should stop moaning, and play him. Plenty of top teams have some weak positions. Not every team is Liverpool, City, Bayern, or Madrid.

Araujo should only play RB to counter a massive 1 vs 1 monster like Mbappe and Vini. That's it. Don't ever wanna see him there if not against these players.

Barca shouldnt just accept a weak position they should try to improve it.

Dest is not just worse than those top sides have he is worse than majority of RBs in EPL and those top sides have back ups better than him in many cases.

There are better RBs than him in SPL..

Birdy

Barcelona is putting a lot of pressure on Sergi?o Dest to leave.
@Benayadachraf
#Transfers

Ridiculous to bully one of the lowest earners of the quad, while they still don't go to war with Frenkie who is about to earn 29m Gross this season

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They've done whatever they could do to make Frenkie leave, but he won't leave.

Unless you want them to drop Frenkie like Dest has been dropped? Not happening because Frenkie is at worst case the second best midfielder at the club whilst Xavi trusts Dest less than Araujo at RB and a Sergi Roberto he subbed out after 30 mins in a pre-season game lol.

JamDav1982

Barcelona is putting a lot of pressure on Sergi?o Dest to leave.
@Benayadachraf
#Transfers

Ridiculous to bully one of the lowest earners of the quad, while they still don't go to war with Frenkie who is about to earn 29m Gross this season

What planet do you live on?

There has been more pressure on FDJ to leave than Dest and one is a top player the other a dud.

Lets keep him as he is a 'low earner' even if one of worst players in squad.

Being a low earner should make him easier to punt but there is little interest in him. Need to hope Utd get desperate.

Birdy

Unless you want them to drop Frenkie like Dest has been dropped? Not happening because Frenkie is at worst case the second best midfielder at the club whilst Xavi trusts Dest less than Araujo at RB and a Sergi Roberto he subbed out after 30 mins in a pre-season game lol.

I would drop him no matter what If I were Allemany or Laporta...

Honestly, there is no other way a stubborn players agrees to a paycut or transfer other than being on the stands and training alone for long.
It's the best recipe.

And don't tell me that he is a good midfielder. In another setup or team, yes.
Currently at Xavi's Barca, Kessie and Gavi can play his role with the same or more success.

Not comparable to Dembele either, who was our most threatening attacker, and banishing him in the stands would have severely handicapped the team

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Honestly, there is no other way a stubborn players agrees to a paycut or transfer other than being in the stands and training alone for long.
It's the best recipe.

Currently at Xavi's Barca, Kessie and Gavi can play his role with the same or more success.

Not comparable to Dembele either, who was our most threatening attacker, and banishing him in the stands would have severely handicapped the team

No, Kessie and Gavi cannot play his role with the same success because they are nowhere as good as Frenkie.

Give it a week or two and Frenkie will be the full-time starter alongside likely Pedri and Busquets. Xavi is not going to drop him even if Laporta and Alemany want him to, which they probably don't anyway as they want to win games.

JamDav1982

Birdy with his nonsensical 'send him to the stands' nonsense as claimed club should have done with Dembele.... took a whopping L on that one and looking for another one.

Serves no purpose to do that with players that are important to the side if still around.

Kessie and Gavi are not as good as FDJ more clueless nonsense as usual.

Xavi probably cost Barca the Europa League thinking Gavi was better pick than FDJ.. Could well have cost him 3 points the other night also.

JamDav1982

Honestly, there is no other way a stubborn players agrees to a paycut or transfer other than being on the stands and training alone for long.
It's the best recipe.

Rich from you who wanted him sat in stands and were arrogantly claiming it would happen to teach him a lesson.

You wanted team handicapped regardless and wanted Dembele gone from club.

khaled_a_d

Are you sure Dest won't come back to rotation in September? Especially if Araujo and Roberto continue their disaster show at RB that we have seen against Rayo?

Home of Barca Fans