Sergio Agüero

beef-supreme

With what money? You won't get more than one huge player coming to Barca this summer. imo

This is precisely what I mean - in fact i don't even intend to say "splash the cash" cause we don't have cash to splash!

* I'd just like to mention that it is in fact possible that we will have a couple of huge players coming. But it would have to be in such a way that one of them is financed by a direct trade - so Eto'o in a player-swap deal for example. Another huge player could be financed by the departure of say Gudjohnsen + Hleb + cash/youth player Pep doesn't see potential in/youth player loan etc.
Then, as Laporta said he is aiming for 3-4 big players possibly, the third one could be pure cash. We would have enough to do that. But I honestly don't see that being done unwisely, like getting 2 forwards.
What would be a more likely scenario is 1 forward, 1 midfielder, 1 defender. It may even be that our defender is not such a big name, for e.g. for LB, so possibly the above combination but a DM instead of a defender.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Actually, as I got a little bored with so much transfer speculation and no solid news yet. I was just pushing for something. Still, Aguero could play on the left imo, though Ribery remains my first choice for that role.

beef-supreme

Actually, as I got a little bored with so much transfer speculation and no solid news yet. I was just pushing for something. Still, Aguero could play on the left imo, though Ribery remains my first choice for that role.

Alrighty :p
I try my best to stay away from the speculation, but you can't really cause I may as well get myself off the forum for a bit, and I can't do that... So all it is for now is no football websites, aside from fcbarcelona.cat, unless absolutely necessary once every two days or so.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Rumour has it that if Aguero leaves Atletico they will sign Keirrison. Aguero is asking too much wages though, so it looks like he'll stay. Don't know about Forlan though.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
One part of the partnership would, the other will throw hissy fits and bottle cl games as usual. Guess who is who.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
£200,000 is £10.4m a year Add in bonus and say that is £12m a year. 4 year contract is £48m a year.

Sell Drogba, Deco, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Kalou, Belletti for that amount and I would say its worth it.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i hope aguero stays on more year and goes to inter if he will not play for us

but for some reason i could picture an aguero cesc era at barca

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The main reason he wants such high wages is cause after tax he'll be earning a fair bit less. Damn tax. Thing is I still wouldn't know where he'd fit into the team since we don't play with a second striker.

Home of Barca Fans