Sergio Agüero

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Liverpool are after every good spanish speaking striker.

Tevez, Aguero and Villa obviously come to mind and they can't have all of them. Tevez looks the most likely at the moment to go to Liverpool and if he does, Villa is unlikely to move to any other English team, which rules him out and leaves him as a very realistic option for us.

As for Aguero, i'd love to see him at Barca, but not before we've had Villa in our team and not before we give Bojan a chance to prove his worth.

ranjix

Jefecito
Augero

Augero is one of outstanding players of La Liga. It would be gr8 to have him in barca squad. He and Messi can work together to break any defence in the world. If he comes to Barca this would be my formation for Barca...
--------Henry-----Etoo------
------------Augero----------

-Iniesta-----Xavi-----Messi--

-Abidal----------------Alves-
--Pique---Puyol--

------------Valdes-----------

:flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

Last edited:
B

blueduck

Augero is one of outstanding players of La Liga. It would be gr8 to have him in barca squad. He and Messi can work together to break any defence in the world. If he comes to Barca this would be my formation for Barca...

--Pique---Puyol--

This team would score alot of goals but would be torn apart at the back

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩

--Pique---Puyol--

Things would never be set out like that. Aguero if he was in the squad would be rotated with Henry/Eto'o mostly and Messi would stick to being up-front. It's already been established that Pep has had Messi playing closer to the box in order to score/set-up more goals. If Aguero was brought in it would be madness to drop Messi back to midfield.

So would be better to have Aguero rotate with Henry/Eto'o and have Yaya in midfield with Xavi and Iniesta ;)

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Things would never be set out like that. Aguero if he was in the squad would be rotated with Henry/Eto'o mostly and Messi would stick to being up-front. It's already been established that Pep has had Messi playing closer to the box in order to score/set-up more goals. If Aguero was brought in it would be madness to drop Messi back to midfield.

So would be better to have Aguero rotate with Henry/Eto'o and have Yaya in midfield with Xavi and Iniesta ;)
Yeah well said that midfield would run forward and get caught on the break.

beef-supreme

--Pique---Puyol--

That's totally unrealistic, and it would also have Messi playing well below his potential. If anything, Messi is best when he plays where you have put Aguero up there.
Also, Barca can't really exist without a holding midfielder like Yaya. With Messi playing so deep, Alves' role would be neutralised too. And Alves is hardly the best defensive RB, so might as well not have him there.
During this season Aguero showed why he is overrated. He was hardly brilliant; he had one or two good matches but that early-season hype disappeared as fast as it had come about. This year for Atletico has been more about Forlan than Kun.
He is a great player but I don't think that he would ever fit in Barca - so long as Barca keep the usual 4-3-3 system. I highly doubt that the system would be changed just for someone like Aguero to arrive, and especially not if it meant limiting other players...

BlaugranaGirl

He wants to play for us:

"I wish to leave Atlético if they don't strengthen the team so we can compete for the league title next season.

Real Madrid? I certainly won't betray Atlético because they have always treated me very well. If I would join Real Madrid, I would show a lack of respect towards Atlético. Barcelona? Well, hopefully Messi can take me to Barça, but it's a matter of waiting for what the club officials decide.
"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He wants to play for us:

"I wish to leave Atlético if they don't strengthen the team so we can compete for the league title next season.

Real Madrid? I certainly won't betray Atlético because they have always treated me very well. If I would join Real Madrid, I would show a lack of respect towards Atlético. Barcelona? Well, hopefully Messi can take me to Barça, but it's a matter of waiting for what the club officials decide.
"

I saw something similar in ED. Unfortunately, of all the names that popped up recently, Aguero´s wasn´t there.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He wants to play for us:

"

would love him at the club, but, we'd still need a forlan/ibra/etc.

mind you we could sell henry and eto'o and get both ibra and aguero. that'd be murderous. and really the only way having him in the team would make any manner of sense. and even then it shits on bojan.

well actually it could be aguero and messi off bojan. but I highly doubt pep is gonna run with 3 midget kids all u23 as our forward-line. haha.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

would love him at the club, but, we'd still need a forlan/ibra/etc.

mind you we could sell henry and eto'o and get both ibra and aguero. that'd be murderous. and really the only way having him in the team would make any manner of sense. and even then it shits on bojan.

well actually it could be aguero and messi off bojan. but I highly doubt pep is gonna run with 3 midget kids all u23 as our forward-line. haha.
all heil tze midgetz

il pepe

I would like him in Barca.

First of all, for buying, he isn't the big target for many clubs, and it seems, he wants to come, which should make that the price doesn't go to high.

Second, he's a fantastic player. In Barca is see him in the position for left forward, a bit the opposite pole of Messi. Combine these two with a striker (and i would chose a type like Ibra. Strong at keeping the ball <> to Eto'o). Aguero and Messi have both a high scoring ability, so we should score as easy as this year with a frontline of Aguero, Messi and Ibra...

This is by far my frontline of choice, from the names called at this time. It offers hugh flexibility, having still Henry and Bojan as a 'surplus'...

Home of Barca Fans