Sergio Agüero

fergus90

What's the realistic alternatives? Just Depay or no one at all? Genuinely wondering what people want. We don't have money for a big name so I can't see who else we'd go for. Also Balague is a terrible source.

Balague is a terrible source but for some reason, Birdy insists he's not. Just repeats what's already been reported 100 times.

Morten

I seem in the minority here but IF he's on low wages and accepts a bit-part role then for a season or 2 I wouldn't mind him here.

Certainly knows where the goal is anyway as his 258 goals in 388 games for City suggests. Also, he's a bit-part player at City now and never seems to kick up a fuss, unlike Suarez who would never accept a reduced role at this stage.

Would be a decent option in the last 20 minutes of games.

Would be a starter, lets be honest(whenever fit), who would take his place, Lord Braitwaithe?
You could say Griezmann, i guess, even though he isnt a number 9.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just reading a report by Balague, who has good inside info usually.
And it reads:
"Aguero is close friends with Messi and the pair have played together regularly for Argentina, so bringing in the fourth-highest scorer in Premier League history would help the club's negotiations with their captain, who is also able to leave this summer"
"This is not a request from Messi but it's certainly a way to convince him about what they are trying to do," added Balague.

So it confirms that Laporta is already failing the test

This is an opinion piece, not a report.

Also Barca have been linked with Aguero since winter so this could be the management just wanting to sign a backup striker that's an actual striker and not a meme. Although Aguero's decline makes you question the choice if he's indeed signed.

Last edited:

fergus90

Would be a starter, lets be honest(whenever fit), who would take his place, Lord Braitwaithe?
You could say Griezmann, i guess, even though he isnt a number 9.

Still cannot believe to this day Martin Braithwaite wears the number 9 for Barcelona.

Yeah, if he does become a guaranteed starter then it's not a good deal and is very short-termism. I will cling on to the hope that's he's coming as a squad role rather than a starter for now :lol:

DonAK

Kinda wish Cavani was available. Would love him for one year or two and go all-in for Haaland next summer with his release clause.

Birdy

Laporta wasn't the one who kicked Suarez out, and there is a whole difference between the two.
Suarez is a club legend on high wages and sense of entitlement. Aguero will come on lower wage, from City bench to Barca bench.
He has no leverage on the club at all, can't ask for big role while he was bench player, status in squad not big since only Messi and Garcia played with him before.

How do you know he is coming for the bench?
You think if Messi stays he will not enforce him on Koeman, or whoever replaces him?

soul24rage

How do you know he is coming for the bench?
You think if Messi stays he will not enforce him on Koeman, or whoever replaces him?

For me, I think not, otherwise Aguero would have been the undisputed number 9 for the Argentinian national team.

I actually think that the 9 Barcelona needs has to be a hard worker against the ball, too. No, that is what Ag?ero for sure does not do.

Porque

Giroud is also free (again) this Summer, but we may be too late to that party.

He is turning 35 this Summer. But in a slower paced less physical LaLiga maybe he could have been our Aduriz for a season or two?

DonAK

Giroud is also free (again) this Summer, but we may be too late to that party.

He is turning 35 this Summer. But in a slower paced less physical LaLiga maybe he could have been our Aduriz for a season or two?

Wouldn't mind that either.

malvolio

people still seriously continue thinking we're interested in Aguero as a starter ?

No evidence we have the funds to get another top starter striker this summer. So Aguero, if fit and healthy, will probably start anyway over the likes of Griezmann and Braithwaite as those two can hardly play the striker role

Home of Barca Fans