Sergio Agüero

FC433

^
I am not as pessimistic as you are. I think we will have a decent window. There are a couple of names that need to be moved regardless, and some others need to be loaned. A couple of key signings should make us a lot better. We already have a good squad (always believed in that).

xxxxxx

^
I am not as pessimistic as you are. I think we will have a decent window. There are a couple of names that need to be moved regardless, and some others need to be loaned. A couple of key signings should make us a lot better. We already have a good squad (always believed in that).

The problem is, those key signings are going to cost a lot of money..... money we do not have. Our squad is decent, but it's getting older. The reason why we've been good lately is because of Messi carrying the load..... well, I say lately, but I meant a few games back. You can't expect Messi to do that every year, especially when he's about to be 34.

I think Laporta has finally realized how much debt we're really in and he's had to sign players like Aguero (he feels he needs to sign a Man City legend to give it a positive spin). I don't even feel confident about signing Haaland next season. He's going to cost around 100m with agent fees.

You watch Laporta make out Aguero is a world-class signing and that he's going to take help this team in a big way. Aguero was a good player 3 years ago, but he's heavily declined and is injured so much. He's about to be 33, so he's more than likely not going to get over his injury problems any time soon.

ebc_99

I haven't seen much of Aguero recently, has he been that bad? We need a finisher in the team other than Messi and maybe Aguero will be useful and he will be a free transfer, as will Garcia and Depay I think? Gini has one year left so if they all come in it would be good business to tie the club over until the finances improve and with the young players coming through as well I think we can be optimistic next year domestically at least.

FC433

The problem is, those key signings are going to cost a lot of money..... money we do not have. Our squad is decent, but it's getting older.
Not just $$$$$, we also need to be lucky, but that is football for you. And I love it.

The reason why we've been good lately is because of Messi carrying the load..... well, I say lately, but I meant a few games back. You can't expect Messi to do that every year, especially when he's about to be 34.
I disagree. I think we have been really playing good football recently, despite our shortcomings.

I think Laporta has finally realized how much debt we're really in and he's had to sign players like Aguero (he feels he needs to sign a Man City legend to give it a positive spin). I don't even feel confident about signing Haaland next season. He's going to cost around 100m with agent fees.
Hopefully, we go after MD then if that is the case.

You watch Laporta make out Aguero is a world-class signing and that he's going to take help this team in a big way. Aguero was a good player 3 years ago, but he's heavily declined and is injured so much. He's about to be 33, so he's more than likely not going to get over his injury problems any time soon.
Could be. Regardless, I will stay positive until I no longer can. A lot could happen in football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think it's out of question either. Messi's contract extension went from the board being optimistic to more pessimistic. I think the audit is showing the club to be in a much worse position than anyone anticipated where we cannot afford to spend any money this summer. We'll probably know more in a few weeks.

xxxxxx

I haven't seen much of Aguero recently, has he been that bad? We need a finisher in the team other than Messi and maybe Aguero will be useful and he will be a free transfer, as will Garcia and Depay I think? Gini has one year left so if they all come in it would be good business to tie the club over until the finances improve and with the young players coming through as well I think we can be optimistic next year domestically at least.

Gini is a free transfer in the summer.

You're forgetting about the signing-on fees we have to pay these guys on free transfers. Typically, when players are free agents, they ask for a bigger signing-on fee. Not to mention, agent fees won't be cheap as well.

xxxxxx

I don't think it's out of question either. Messi's contract extension went from the board being optimistic to more pessimistic. I think the audit is showing the club to be in a much worse position than anyone anticipated where we cannot afford to spend any money this summer. We'll probably know more in a few weeks.

I said this a few weeks back myself. I think Laporta didn't realize how much debt we were really in until he actually took over. Not to mention, we need to pay Messi a 33m loyalty bonus in June, pay 246m euros back to the banks and then we need to give Messi a massive signing-on fee if he chooses to resign.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I said this a few weeks back myself. I think Laporta didn't realize how much debt we were really in until he actually took over. Not to mention, we need to pay Messi a 33m loyalty bonus in June, pay 246m euros back to the banks and then we need to give Messi a massive signing-on fee if he chooses to resign.

Parts of salaries and bonuses for the entire squad have likely been deferred after an agreement with them, but restructuring the debt and a lot of other things is going to make it tough to do much I think.

ebc_99

Gini is a free transfer in the summer.

You're forgetting about the signing-on fees we have to pay these guys on free transfers. Typically, when players are free agents, they ask for a bigger signing-on fee. Not to mention, agent fees won't be cheap as well.

Yep you are right, I didn't think about that, but hopefully any fees we have to pay won't be too big.

Home of Barca Fans