Sergio Agüero

Birdy

If rumours are true, this is more than disappointing.
It's worst than Bartomeu signings honestly.

The player is finished. He is worse than Suarez currently, who we rightfully got rid last summer.
He got recycled out by Pep Guardiola 2 years ago. That was the last time he played at a competitive level. Since then, he has been only a squad member at City and not a starter.
Currently, he has nothing to do with intensity, energy, pressure, and all the elements a modern striker needs.
Braithwaite might be many times worse players than him, but currently he can offer more than him in terms of intensity.
That's the level we are talking about gyus.

If Laporta makes this transfer, he has already failed to understand where the club is and what the club needs.
*IF* this is happening to please Messi, that's even worse.
It's actually ridiculous

HanDW

What was the point of getting rid of Suarez if we're going to bring in an even worse version of him a year later?, at least Luis had good chemistry with Leo in the pitch.

Bobo32

What was the point of getting rid of Suarez if we're going to bring in an even worse version of him a year later?, at least Luis had good chemistry with Leo in the pitch.

Yeah was never impressed by their combinations in the NT tbh.
It would've been better to keep Suarez, but different decision makers of course...

I still think as before though, that Aguero could play a limited role quite well in Barcelona.

Birdy

If Laporta makes this transfer, he has already failed to understand where the club is and what the club needs.
*IF* this is happening to please Messi, that's even worse.
It's actually ridiculous

Just reading a report by Balague, who has good inside info usually.
And it reads:
"Aguero is close friends with Messi and the pair have played together regularly for Argentina, so bringing in the fourth-highest scorer in Premier League history would help the club's negotiations with their captain, who is also able to leave this summer"
"This is not a request from Messi but it's certainly a way to convince him about what they are trying to do," added Balague.

So it confirms that Laporta is already failing the test

wisconsincule

I won’t believe it until it’s announced.

Would be an awful signing. Nothing like trotting out a lineup of Pique Busi Messi Alba and Aguero. All players 5 years past their prime.

khaled_a_d

Laporta wasn't the one who kicked Suarez out, and there is a whole difference between the two.
Suarez is a club legend on high wages and sense of entitlement. Aguero will come on lower wage, from City bench to Barca bench.
He has no leverage on the club at all, can't ask for big role while he was bench player, status in squad not big since only Messi and Garcia played with him before.

feggydinho

Laporta wasn't the one who kicked Suarez out, and there is a whole difference between the two.
Suarez is a club legend on high wages and sense of entitlement. Aguero will come on lower wage, from City bench to Barca bench.
He has no leverage on the club at all, can't ask for big role while he was bench player, status in squad not big since only Messi and Garcia played with him before.

It seems you still dont know Barca, he would turn to an undisputable starter here

malvolio

Just reading a report by Balague, who has good inside info usually.
And it reads:
"Aguero is close friends with Messi and the pair have played together regularly for Argentina, so bringing in the fourth-highest scorer in Premier League history would help the club's negotiations with their captain, who is also able to leave this summer"
"This is not a request from Messi but it's certainly a way to convince him about what they are trying to do," added Balague.

So it confirms that Laporta is already failing the test

well, i read this forum for the past couple of days and many in here said the same thing. 1+1=2 'journalism' by balague here.

Last edited:

Rory

What's the realistic alternatives? Just Depay or no one at all? Genuinely wondering what people want. We don't have money for a big name so I can't see who else we'd go for. Also Balague is a terrible source.

fergus90

I seem in the minority here but IF he's on low wages and accepts a bit-part role then for a season or 2 I wouldn't mind him here.

Certainly knows where the goal is anyway as his 258 goals in 388 games for City suggests. Also, he's a bit-part player at City now and never seems to kick up a fuss, unlike Suarez who would never accept a reduced role at this stage.

Would be a decent option in the last 20 minutes of games.

Home of Barca Fans