Sergio Agüero

Yannick03

Can Aguero play on the wings? I dont think so.

He can do the same as Villa does, move into the central striker position when we are in possession to create space for Messi. Sergio too has amazing runs like Villa, I think they're quite similar and we already know that the Aguero-Messi-pairing works.

Stric

I don't understand this constant urge to overemphasize "providing width". Our fullbacks overlap all the time, and are ideal in freeing the wingers to cut inside while providing another free player out wide. When you think of it, the best possible combination is to have a fullback go forward on the side where the inverted winger is. For example, Villa cutting inside while Alba goes forward to stay wide. This means, however, that the opposing fullback and winger need to stay in their primary positions. Then just go between attacking through the left or right. Our best games this season came from utilizing this type of system. This is exactly what Villa is doing, and it works perfectly in Barca. Aguero (or any other forward of that type) could easily work in the same way. The team could play with no traditional wingers and just use forwards to cut in when attacking, and go out wide when not attacking, as long as they use the fullbacks the right way, and granted that the forwards have a good workrate.

2dwdix3.png

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Barca needs to buy Aguero or anything like that, I'm just addressing this idea that I've been seeing very often lately about how many forwards would be useless because they're "not wingers". As long as they have the right type of movement, positioning and workrate, they can play wide for Barca. Obviously this excludes the likes of Ibrahimović or Drogba, for example, but guys like Aguero would do.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yeah, he really is the missing puzzle. Should have bought him from Atletico before City.

I'd rather get Suarez tbh. He's been a lot better this season. Plus I think he'd be easier to get. A bit cheaper, too.

Still, I wouldn't be pissed if we got Aguero if Villa left.

Kerrybai

Nice post Stric. I agree with much of what you said, however I think Neymar will arrive this summer. He could potentially work how you have described though.

M

Messi+Eto

I'd rather get Suarez tbh. He's been a lot better this season. Plus I think he'd be easier to get. A bit cheaper, too.

Still, I wouldn't be pissed if we got Aguero if Villa left.

Suarez over Aguero easily. Lets be honest, Aguero wouldn't perform playing from the wings. . . Messi will never get shifted to accommodate Aguero. Lets put our style of play into consideration first before anything else. If Messi is false 9 where would that leave Aguero? What we need is a winger with excessive pace and trickery (Saurez/Neymar). Yes, Tello has pace but absolutely no footwork at all! With that said I still believe he has a future with the team.

Last edited:

Demon17

Maestro
I wouldn't want Suarez because he's racist and I don't like his character. I don't what he'll do to Alves, Abidal, Marcelo, Essien LOL
Even though he's excellent. I'd rather have Aguero.

Home of Barca Fans