Sergio Agüero

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I really don't want Suarez at our club, he's a dick and I don't really like his "do anything to win attitude", but Aguero (who I like) has not been too good lately and I don't know if the risk will be worth it. So bring in NeyGOAT!

DucdeOrléans

In hindsigt we should have bought Agüero instead of Alexis as I and a few other users preferred nearly 2 years ago. I think the train has passed now nor do I see a place for him if Neymar arrives, which looks more or less dead certain.

But Sport is now claiming that there is space for both Agüero and Neymar and that only Villa would move on should such moves come into fruition. Neither would the economy be a problem.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/llegada-aguero-barca-bloquearia-fichaje-neymar-2348015

Let me just say that I would be immensely surprised if both would be bought regardless of whether Villa AND Sánchez would leave this summer. Unless Neymar would arrive in the summer of 2014.

What makes this rumor a bit more interesting than usual is the presence of Txiki and Soriano at City. If I am not wrong then Txiki recently assumed the role as director of football while Soriano is the CEO.

Anyway I seriously doubt this rumor.

EDIT: Sport is reporting all this in case Villa decides not to renew his contract/moves on.

Last edited:

Indignado

Barcelona want to renew the contract of David Villa in the coming weeks. If no deal can be found, Man City's Aguero is first option. [sport]

I really don't want Suarez at our club, he's a dick and I don't really like his "do anything to win attitude", but Aguero (who I like) has not been too good lately and I don't know if the risk will be worth it. So bring in NeyGOAT!

I agree with you on Suarez.

0n0mat0p0eia

look, i'm the first to question Suarez' attitude and his qualities as a human being, BUT he has been trying to let his football talk for him and is by far and away the best striker in the EPL. If he does not win an award for the quality of his finishing, his touch, his ability to beat a man and his free kicks, then it can only be down to writer's/player's antipathy towards him personally.

By the way, IMO, ManShitty will offload Dzeko and Tevez in the summer and bring in a striker, or two, to play with Aguero - so he will be going nowhere near Spain.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Poor season. also a complete ball hog, trying to dribble his way into the goal.

Do the people who are so pro Aguero, actually watch him? Because if he did that stuff he's doing now, you'd crucify him.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Aguero's been shit this season, mixed in with his injuries and divorce it's a recipe for disaster. People actually want us to buy him? Dafuq

If Villa leaves, I'd rather get Suarez tbh, with Aguero's poor season and all. I think he'd be a bit cheaper and more realistic as well, for obvious reasons (may want CL football, lower wages, etc). Then again, Aguero might be more realistic with his poor season and all.

If Villa doesn't leave, I don't see a need to get a new forward.

0n0mat0p0eia

EPL to date 2013:

Suarez 29 appearances, 22 goals for a Liverpool team off the EPL pace
Aguero 22 appearances, 9 goals for man City, 2nd in the league

I know who i'd buy

aaron101

I've been telling people for the past few months that Aguero is so prone to injury, if you guys follow Man City or even EPL in general you will know that every month or two he gets injured. thigh muscle injury, calf and ankle injury is his best friend.

Every season Barca plays the most number of games like no other teams in Europe and Aguero's injury prone body won't be able to handle that and I doubt if he can play the important games when we need him.

Last edited:

aaron101

EPL to date 2013:

Suarez 29 appearances, 22 goals for a Liverpool team off the EPL pace
Aguero 22 appearances, 9 goals for man City, 2nd in the league

I know who i'd buy
They are both great players, but Suarez's consistency is the difference and Aguero's consistency is affected by his injuries.
I would also go for Suarez.

Kerrybai

Aguero's been shit this season, mixed in with his injuries and divorce it's a recipe for disaster. People actually want us to buy him? Dafuq

There is no reason to suggest he won't be back to his best soon. Also his poor season could mean that we can get him at a discounted price.

I was sold on Aguero a month or 2 ago, but I'm not so sure now, after a closer look at his bad season and all. It could drive his price down a bit though, but I'd still take Suarez over him.

oz187

Big money was spent on Cesc and Alexis and they are still adapting to the way Barca play. Selling 2 attackers(Villa, Alexis) and getting two expensive new ones(Aguero, Neymar) at the same time is a recipe for a difficult season or two. It's not gonna happen when a goalkeeper is needed soon as well and possibly a CB.

Home of Barca Fans