Sergio Aguero

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
That's because of bad management. It should really be rm number one, us second and Man U in third.

I know, I read actually the last deloitte article about this, and all the clubs have grown +40% over the last 3-4 years with barcelona the only one that's only stable, even with the Quatar Airways fuck up; amazingly bad management ..

S7_MUFC

That's because of bad management. It should really be rm number one, us second and Man U in third.
You could also argue that it should be United no 1 with Bayern second because those 2 teams share TV money equally so their media income doesn't actually represent what they should actually be earning. We'll probably drop to 4th this season but should be close to first if we do well in the champions league next season...

Jombi

La Liga needs more corrupt investors looking to launder money by buying up clubs, like they do in the EPL. This will attract money loving stars to other La Liga clubs, making the league more attractive for TV companies and increase the TV money we can get. Then we can share TV money more equally with other clubs and claim that it is fair and self-earned money, like the EPL clubs do.

S7_MUFC

La Liga needs more corrupt investors looking to launder money by buying up clubs, like they do in the EPL. This will attract money loving stars to other La Liga clubs, making the league more attractive for TV companies and increase the TV money we can get. Then we can share TV money more equally with other clubs and claim that it is fair and self-earned money, like the EPL clubs do.
Because TV companies hate the genuine football loving stars like Ronaldo and Messi who play in La Liga. It's always funny how people in this forum react when the issue of distribution of TV money is brought up. LA liga can't act like some sort of beacon of righteousness when it's plainly obvious that Real Madrid's current stature is down to the whole training ground saga and also Malaga is owned by a middle eastern businessman. I brought up the issue just to counter the point that Real and Barca should be undisputed no 1 and 2 in terms of revenue despite other clubs like United and Bayern not being able to fully realize their monetary potential due to shared tv deal..

Jombi

Because TV companies hate the genuine football loving stars like Ronaldo and Messi who play in La Liga. It's always funny how people in this forum react when the issue of distribution of TV money is brought up. LA liga can't act like some sort of beacon of righteousness when it's plainly obvious that Real Madrid's current stature is down to the whole training ground saga and also Malaga is owned by a middle eastern businessman. I brought up the issue just to counter the point that Real and Barca should be undisputed no 1 and 2 in terms of revenue despite other clubs like United and Bayern not being able to fully realize their monetary potential due to shared tv deal..

The reason TV money is brought up by EPL fans is because they believe they somehow have earned the right to be self-righteous about this "fairness". Other English clubs benefit massively from corrupt foreign billionaires in teams like City and Chelsea bringing in stars to their league for many years now which increases the overall TV money for the league as a whole. Comparing Malaga who dont bring stars to the Spanish league with rich sugar daddy teams like Chelsea and City is just silly. The German league doesnt allow these foreign sugar daddy teams, and the TV money for the league is much lower as a result. The Spanish league hasnt had anything resembling City and Chelsea either. Benefiting massively from money doped clubs in your league and then being all self-righteous about fairness and equality is hypocrisy.

S7_MUFC

The reason TV money is brought up by EPL fans is because they believe they somehow have earned the right to be self-righteous about this "fairness". Other English clubs benefit massively from corrupt foreign billionaires in teams like City and Chelsea bringing in stars to their league for many years now which increases the overall TV money for the league as a whole. Comparing Malaga who dont bring stars to the Spanish league with rich sugar daddy teams like Chelsea and City is just silly. The German league doesnt allow these foreign sugar daddy teams, and the TV money for the league is much lower as a result. The Spanish league hasnt had anything resembling City and Chelsea either. Benefiting massively from money doped clubs in your league and then being all self-righteous about fairness and equality is hypocrisy.
Your whole argument is based on the premise that premier league's massive TV deal is completely dependent on Chelsea and City and other major clubs like United,Liverpool,Spurs,Arsenal have absolutely 0 influence on these TV deals. TV deals have been on the rise before Roman arrived and there was even slight decline in the total broadcast revenue after Chelsea started dominating the league so I hardly doubt City and Chelsea are that big of a factor in increased value of these deals. Also the premier league teams shared TV money since the beginning of the league in 1992 so, "Corrupt Billionaires" aren't even the reason for structuring the sharing of TV money and even before the arrival of these billionaire investors United topped the Deloitte FML for around a decade in late 90's and early 2000's despite sharing the pre billionaire Broadcast money so, I'm really struggling to see the point you're trying to make...

Jombi

In the 90s, the TV deals were a much smaller share of overall income for the English clubs. Its nothing like today. Teams like Tottenham and Liverpool would never be able to attract stars today without these massive TV deals and the commercial exposure they get. Shared TV money deal would be a disaster for a league without corrupt billionaire investors pulling in stars, just look at how Serie A has done with their shared broadcast money. English journalists would love to see the same happen to La Liga of course, so they can rob the league of the biggest stars. Thats why they obsess about La Liga's TV money distribution.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's a hypothetical scenario though. What I'm saying is that with the way things are set up, Barca should really be aiming for second or maybe even first place.

Jair Ventura

You're also forgetting our financial strength. We're on track to overtake Barca and maybe even Real in terms of revenue in next few years so I don't think attracting players is even an issue.

Financial strength? Man U is carrying a debt of $500 million. This season their debt increased while their revenues dropped 14%. I don't even remember the last time Man U was able to compete with Real and Barca on the transfer market, "revenue" values be damned.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

Financial strength? Man U is carrying a debt of $500 million. This season their debt increased while their revenues dropped 14%. I don't even remember the last time Man U was able to compete with Real and Barca on the transfer market, "revenue" values be damned.
Debt of $500 million will just mean extra interest payment of $25 million which is peanuts compared to revenue that will be north of $600 million and should cross $700 million next season. I know we've been less competitive in transfer market but that was due to Fergie and owners trying to be successful on cheap. With new premier league TV deal, world record kit and shirt sponsorship deal and increased CL revenue there's no question that we can compete with Real and Barca.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
You can but I think most truly world class players end up at madrid or fcb sooner or later. Man U is a step behind.

S7_MUFC

You can but I think most truly world class players end up at madrid or fcb sooner or later. Man U is a step behind.
All things remaining equal that may be the case now but everything depends on wages on offer and chances to break into starting XI, I don't think any world class forward is dying to join Barca because they'll struggle to become first choice..

BenRobbins

Yeah its true and seeing as most of the best players in the world are Spanish/Argentinian/Brazilian it is Barca/Real they prefer every single time.

Jair Ventura

Debt of $500 million will just mean extra interest payment of $25 million which is peanuts compared to revenue that will be north of $600 million and should cross $700 million next season. I know we've been less competitive in transfer market but that was due to Fergie and owners trying to be successful on cheap. With new premier league TV deal, world record kit and shirt sponsorship deal and increased CL revenue there's no question that we can compete with Real and Barca.

That's not how debt works, but that's fine, not really the conversation. But, frankly, Man U is weaker than Paris. The latter has billions more backing them, are operating off no debt, and are supported by their own telecom company in Bein/Aljeezera. On top of this, they're stationed in one of the most talent rich countries in Europe and are already more active/successful in the transfer market and in European play.

Man U is competing with Chelsea and City right now, not Bayern, Barca, and Real. They're a long way away.

Home of Barca Fans