Sergio Aguero

MaxY

Devil May Cry
City are a team where players of the caliber of Kun go for the money. We're also living in a time where Barca, Real, Bayern, and Chelsea are undisputedly the best teams in the world in terms of competing for CL. Of course imo Real and Barca are above Bayern and Chelsea in terms of dream club for many aspiring players but in reality, the absolute best players including Balon D'or nominees come from those 4 teams now.

I'd imagine when Kun didn't hear anything from those teams he went for City.

I'm sure they'll rebuild this summer. Wouldn't be shocked to see him on the market.

I disagree that Chelsea is undisputedly in the 4 top teams. I don't think they are in top 4 at all,yet alone undisputedly. They went out in 1/8 this year, 1/2 last year and a year before that they didn't even come out of the group stage. They won CL in 2011/12 but even then it was mostly due to parking the bus and being lucky af. City also won like 2 titles in the last 3 years so they aren't even that dominant in EPL.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Aguero misses so much sitters I think we would actually die of anger watching him, let him be the star in City, I don't think I can handle what I watched him do with the NT with a barça shirt.

And lel at Chelsea being top4 .. the day that would be true, i'll stop watching football :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
With United playing good stuff again, and looking like being strong contenders for trophies next season, they'd be top 4.

I get what he means though, I mean, over the past 10 years we've been one of the most consistent clubs in the CL. Sure we went our early this season, and we even didn't make it out of the group stage 2 years ago, but we've made 2 finals(more than Real) and won one against Bayern, as well as what, 8 of the last 11 semi finals?

Last edited:

Vlom

True, because our 70m (or God knows how much) signing doesn't.

Even Messi misses tons of sitters these days. It's not uncommon.

Suarez does miss a lot too (so far) but his will and work off the ball compensate for that, I don't see that in Kun..

EdmondDantes

I think Aguero could try shedding a few pounds. I know he's muscular and whatnot, but I can't help but think being leaner would suit him better. Perhaps even mitigate his injuries.

Jair Ventura

With United playing good stuff again, and looking like being strong contenders for trophies next season, they'd be top 4.

I get what he means though, I mean, over the past 10 years we've been one of the most consistent clubs in the CL. Sure we went our early this season, and we even didn't make it out of the group stage 2 years ago, but we've made 2 finals(more than Real) and won one against Bayern, as well as what, 8 of the last 11 semi finals?

Uh.... what? United isn't anywhere close to top 4. Juve, Atletico, and Paris are all above them and none of the three appear to be falling back domestically or continentally. Pretty sure PSG is a spot behind United in regard to club coefficients already, and Juve is ahead of them.

Vlom

Uh.... what? United isn't anywhere close to top 4. Juve, Atletico, and Paris are all above them and none of the three appear to be falling back domestically or continentally. Pretty sure PSG is a spot behind United in regard to club coefficients already, and Juve is ahead of them.

Juve is pretty far actually because of their 2010-2012 seasons that still counts.. ManU getting 2uefa points this season, they'll need time to recover from it :lol:

skitch.png

Just to add to the discussion above, IMO Bayern's success in the CL from 2010 onwards puts them on the same level as Barca and RM. Arguably they've had a better history of recent success than RM, but I won't go there.

Anyway, anyone else feel like Aguero's become a lot more selfish since his first year? He was never a playmaker, but it seems like he gets tunnel vision once he receives the ball. Suarez is superior over him in almost every way.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
My bad, I forgot to specify what I meant. I was talking about the top clubs that players want to play for.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You'd be surprised. Their name is huge enough, and when playing well, like now, will always draw good players in. Manchester United are Manchester United, 2 bad seasons won't make players avoid them like the plague. I mean shit, good players still go to Liverpool?

S7_MUFC

You'd be surprised. Their name is huge enough, and when playing well, like now, will always draw good players in. Manchester United are Manchester United, 2 bad seasons won't make players avoid them like the plague. I mean shit, good players still go to Liverpool?
You're also forgetting our financial strength. We're on track to overtake Barca and maybe even Real in terms of revenue in next few years so I don't think attracting players is even an issue.

Vlom

You're also forgetting our financial strength. We're on track to overtake Barca and maybe even Real in terms of revenue in next few years so I don't think attracting players is even an issue.

That's already the case I think, MU is 2nd in revenue just behind RM and in front of Barça.

EDIT : scratch that, Barça is only 4th now behind Bayern ^^
We earn less money now than when we had Unicef lol

skitch.png

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans