Sergio Aguero

Andresito

Staff member
Larsson never had a salary of 250k a week and was never injured as Aguero has been.

It's risky, considering we can't afford to start throwing big wages on injury-prone players.

Yeah that's why I said very cheap. It by no means should be a priority. Strengthen other positions initially, and if we can get Aguero on top of that, great.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Do not buy Messi's buddies pls.
We already have Alba in defense who only interacts with Messi and Busi in midfield who plays his forward passes only to Messi (obviously a little exaggeration). No need for another Messi & Suarez situation where two players are disjointed from the team.

Raketa10

Signing him would be a HUGE mistake. He is done! We should either sign Haaland or save our money. Signing a 33y old player would be immensely stupid.

Last edited:

Messi983

Tbh I'd prefer Memphis over him. He would be cheaper and can also play as a winger to rotate with Fati (we'll need to be cautious with him next season and slowly integrate him back into the team to not risk a relapse).

Laplacian

Memphis is a second striker not a winger or a striker. Last time he played as a winger was in manchester united. He can't play as a striker, he always drops deep to bring others into play - he's not going to be the one at the end of chances to finish them off. What we need is a player in the box to finish said chances, not more hybrids.

It's the same tactical issue with Griezmann and Messi, and to a lesser extent Coutinho. Why are you guys so obsessed with a player that isn't a tactical fit? 4th time's the charm?

Raketa10

Tbh I'd prefer Memphis over him. He would be cheaper and can also play as a winger to rotate with Fati (we'll need to be cautious with him next season and slowly integrate him back into the team to not risk a relapse).

Memphis would be Griezmann 2.0. We need to stay away from him.

Laplacian

Memphis' fee and salary wouldn't even be close to Griezmann's.

Aguero is more likely to be a Griezmann 2.0.

So because he's free we should just get him even though he's not a tactical fit? Even though we already have two second strikers on the team?

He's Griezmann 2.0 because you want him to play in roles he can't play in. Ag?ero (i don't want him) though older and more expensive is actually a striker.

mc_lovin

Memphis is a second striker not a winger or a striker. Last time he played as a winger was in manchester united. He can't play as a striker, he always drops deep to bring others into play - he's not going to be the one at the end of chances to finish them off. What we need is a player in the box to finish said chances, not more hybrids.

It's the same tactical issue with Griezmann and Messi, and to a lesser extent Coutinho. Why are you guys so obsessed with a player that isn't a tactical fit? 4th time's the charm?

Hes versatile. I wouldn't strictly put him in the 2nd striker category. And compared to Griezmann he has physicality and dribbling ability.

I wouldn't plan with him long term as our CF, but as a jack of all trades hes a big yes for me. We badly need a left sided, right footed forward. We have no one except Fati. Plus hes cheap and has the perfect age.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

So because he's free we should just get him even though he's not a tactical fit? Even though we already have two second strikers on the team?

He's Griezmann 2.0 because you want him to play in roles he can't play in. Ag?ero (i don't want him) though older and more expensive is actually a striker.

I never said anything about whether we should get him or whether he's a tactical fit. I just said he's not Griezmann 2.0 because he wouldn't have the insane price tag. There are better analogies to make.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Hes versatile. I wouldn't strictly put him in the 2nd striker category. And compared to Griezmann he has physicality and dribbling ability.

I wouldn't plan with him long term as our CF, but as a jack of all trades hes a big yes for me. We badly need a left sided, right footed forward. We have no one except Fati.
He's not versatile, though. He struggles whenever he plays as a left winger. He struggles whenever he plays as a striker. However when he's given a free role, he drops to similar areas on the pitch and goes from there.

The worst period in his career happened when a certain club decided to shoehorn him as a winger. His reinassance happened after he transitioned as an attacking midfielder/second striker. Whenever someone tried him as a CF, he dropped deep and ended up as a false 9.

Just because he can dribble and run at defenders doesn't mean he's versatile. Just look at Havertz or Martial.

All evidence points to him excelling as a central player in the attacking midfield regions.

mc_lovin

He's not versatile, though. He struggles whenever he plays as a left winger. He struggles whenever he plays as a striker. However when he's given a free role, he drops to similar areas on the pitch and goes from there.

The worst period in his career happened when a certain club decided to shoehorn him as a winger. His reinassance happened after he transitioned as an attacking midfielder/second striker. Whenever someone tried him as a CF, he dropped deep and ended up as a false 9.

Just because he can dribble and run at defenders doesn't mean he's versatile. Just look at Havertz or Martial.

All evidence points to him excelling as a central player in the attacking midfield regions.

Hes playing rather advanced for his national team. For Lyon I agree, but then again hes their best player, so they let him play wherever he wants. Havertz is not a good comparison. Martial is, but Depay definitely looks more refined/mature (now). Positionally if you think Martial and Depay are comparable then that's a decent argument for him.

Again, I don't expect Depay to be a savior, but he would have value for us.

Home of Barca Fans