Sergio Aguero

fergus90

Depay spends to much time away from the box for my liking. I know he's got 14 goals but six of them are penalties. The open play numbers don't strike me as someone who's gonna increase efficiency in front of goal.

Edit - i would prefer him to Aguero though.

Last edited:

FC433

^
I agree. Who would you sign then? Depay seems like a great option (in his prime, cheap, can be sold later on).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we cannot get Haaland this summer I'll rather sign Giroud on a cheap deal and play Ansu as our #9.

Perhaps Memphis, but have a feeling he'll have the same problems as Griezmann.

Joan

I don't think Memphis would be a step in the right direction. Really strikes you as a Griezmann no. 2.

Anyways, regarding the rebuild. Barca has to maintain the high level and if no world class young strikers are available, then Aguero might well be a fine option. Can't risk wasting seasons waiting for perfect fits.

FC433

^ [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
I agree with you regarding Depay. But then again, Koeman wanted him, and I think the least we can do to make him happy, particularly when the deal does not seem too bad. Giroud is a good option, but I still prefer Depay. I do not think playing Fati as a 9 is a wise decision just yet since he will be under pressure to put in goals.

DonAK

I don't think Memphis would be a step in the right direction.

Anyways, regarding the rebuild. Barca has to maintain the high level and if no world class young strikers are available, then Aguero might well be a fine option. Can't risk wasting seasons waiting for perfect fits.

Aguero would be fine if it's a max two year deal with a reasonable salary.

DonAK

^ @DonAK
I agree with you regarding Depay. But then again, Koeman wanted him, and I think the least we can do to make him happy, particularly when the deal does not seem too bad. Giroud is a good option, but I still prefer Depay. I do not think playing Fati as a 9 is a wise decision just yet since he will be under pressure to put in goals.

I disagree with that. In my opinion a manager should have an input, but you should never sign someone to make him happy. We did that for Pep and it backfired.

You need to do what you believe is the best thing for the club. Giving Koeman his Dutch clan in Memphis, Wijnaldum, De Roon or whoever he want is not smart if he's unlikely to last more than three seasons here, most likely two.

fergus90

^
I agree. Who would you sign then? Depay seems like a great option (in his prime, cheap, can be sold later on).

It's difficult, because there aren't a huge selection of realistically available strikers out there. I do like Depay as a player and would not mind Barca signing him, but not as the sole 9 solution.

I could just foresee the same problem we have now, a lack of presence in the box.

If we could get Depay and a younger striker like Malen, I'd be happy. Of course it also relies on getting rid of both Coutinho and Griezmann in that case.

Raketa10

IMHO we should tray playing Fati as a no.9. Not sure if he will shine there as he did on the wing but we should try.

FC433

I disagree with that. In my opinion a manager should have an input, but you should never sign someone to make him happy. We did that for Pep and it backfired.

You need to do what you believe is the best thing for the club. Giving Koeman his Dutch clan in Memphis, Wijnaldum, De Roon or whoever he want is not smart if he's unlikely to last more than three seasons here, most likely two.
100% I am against letting the manager take full control since that would mean that we need to rebuild the team with every manager. However, in this particular case, RK's wish is just another + not the main +

It's difficult, because there aren't a huge selection of realistically available strikers out there. I do like Depay as a player and would not mind Barca signing him, but not as the sole 9 solution.

I could just foresee the same problem we have now, a lack of presence in the box.

If we could get Depay and a younger striker like Malen, I'd be happy. Of course it also relies on getting rid of both Coutinho and Griezmann in that case.
I agree. We are going to need a new CF and move MB this coming summer, and to me, Depay seems like a very good option. However, I still believe that we have a good chance of getting Haaland.

Joan

Aguero would be fine if it's a max two year deal with a reasonable salary.

Yes. Short term solution, a stopgap. I'd prefer a one year contract with an option to extend for another season.

But Aguero has declined seriously. I don't really like this one. The idea is fine though.

Home of Barca Fans