Sergio Aguero

serghei

Genius strategy. Get Aguero to convince Messi to extend with a much lower salary, then get rid of Aguero after 1 season and keep Messi :D.

Laporta :worthy: mastermind.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It really depends on whether Aguero's legs are still there.. if he can press consistently and be better than Griezmann/Braithwaite, I would take him as a temporary solution.

serghei

It really depends on whether Aguero's legs are still there.. if he can press consistently and be better than Griezmann/Braithwaite, I would take him as a temporary solution.

He can't though. I think it's fairly evident his legs are almost gone. This is another Suarez case only worse.

Porque

He's an amigo of Messi, but he's new in the team and coming into the Koeman work rate era.

I got faith for a season or two.

vuji_31

Aguero means no to Haaland.

Don't want players just to keep Messi happy so he can eat dinners at restaurant with Aguero.

We need players that are here because of quality .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
IF true, the only purpose of signing Aguero is to placate Messi and make him stay. Sporting-wise and economically it makes no sense. I wonder if we have made agreements to sell some players already, otherwise taking his wage on will be extra burden for us that makes no sense.

BBZ8800

For the last few years, we always try to sign Messi's friend or at least Barto pretended that we are after him: Neymar, Lautaro, now Aguero.

Barto was good at tricking Messi and saying "we tried, but the player was too expensive".

Let's hope that Laporta will pull the same trick.

Or maybe Laporta is trying to pull the new Larsson.
But Larsson was on form, yet Aguero scored the first goal after 14 months iirc.

Rory

People acting like a) we have money to sign Haaland and b) Aguero isn't one of the only proven goalscorers in world football who also speaks Spanish and has played in la liga before (yes a while ago) but still.

Home of Barca Fans