Sergio Aguero

Bergkamp10

But every fan overhypes their own players, I don't see the problem in it. They're not hurting anyone unless you're ridiculously touchy.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I like Iniesta better than Messi personally. :D

But every fan overhypes their own players, I don't see the problem in it. They're not hurting anyone unless you're ridiculously touchy.
I see what you did there, sly bugger. That said, I could be wrong, and maybe I'm just seeing it the way I am due to how I'd have intended that post to be if I posted it. :lol:

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

I see what you did there, sly bugger. That said, I could be wrong, and maybe I'm just seeing it the way I am due to how I'd have intended that post to be if I posted it. :lol:

:lol:

I genuinely meant what I said, no dig intended! I hype up Arsenal players all the time tbf.

Barcafan 2304

Fair enough antonn. To be honest, i thought he was a Barca fan and was saying he was jealous of what the EPL has got, hence that post, but obviously, i misread it

Galning

It's just a matter of days before Agüero is the best player in the world after scoring ,and thus proving himself, in the Premier League.

SwiftGuyver

it's so true that the English press/commentators/fans etc etc etc only notice how good a player is once they have played well in the EPL...

fans are annoying but the commentators etc are far worse, i mean these guys are employed to talk about football and yet most of the members on this forum seem more clued up than them! do your research ffs! watch other leagues! EPL is not the only league in the world!

the Sky commentator last night said something like 'a star is born...' after Kun had wowed everyone, like it's something new, wake the fuck up, he's been awesome for at least the last 4-5 years...

dalitis8

Banned
It's just a matter of days before Agüero is the best player in the world after scoring ,and thus proving himself, in the Premier League.

I made the exact same thought last night.

I mean, I am not saying that La Liga is better, if anything I believe that EPL is overall somewhat superior, but not by much.

But I mean how naive can some pro-EPL commentators actually be?

a)The league that has produced both the World and European Champions.

b)The league that gave them Cesc, Torres, Reina, Alonso etc...

c)Man City spending all that money for players from Italy and England and Germany, but now find themselves relying on Yaya Toure, David Silva and Kun Aguero, all from La Liga.

d)Barca beating 5 English sides on the trot in the CL

e)Spain lying only marginally behind England at the UEFA rankings (it will only take a good showing from Spanish clubs this year, and a mediocre one by the English, for Spain to be on top again, as they were for most of the last 10 years or so)

f)La Liga teams winning half the Europa leagues in the past decade

g)I can go on and on.

I mean how can they be so dismissive of La Liga then? Or is it just that they do not wish their product to be damaged...

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
it's so true that the English press/commentators/fans etc etc etc only notice how good a player is once they have played well in the EPL...

fans are annoying but the commentators etc are far worse, i mean these guys are employed to talk about football and yet most of the members on this forum seem more clued up than them! do your research ffs! watch other leagues! EPL is not the only league in the world!

the Sky commentator last night said something like 'a star is born...' after Kun had wowed everyone, like it's something new, wake the fuck up, he's been awesome for at least the last 4-5 years...

Yeah, yeah, I can recall that. I mean, it's as if Aguero came out of nowhere..it's as if he hasn't been immense for Atletico for the past 5 years or so, beating teams virtually on his own sometimes...

Home of Barca Fans