Sergio Aguero

SwiftGuyver

I made the exact same thought last night.

I mean, I am not saying that La Liga is better, if anything I believe that EPL is overall somewhat superior, but not by much.

But I mean how naive can some pro-EPL commentators actually be?

a)The league that has produced both the World and European Champions.

b)The league that gave them Cesc, Torres, Reina, Alonso etc...

c)Man City spending all that money for players from Italy and England and Germany, but now find themselves relying on Yaya Toure, David Silva and Kun Aguero, all from La Liga.

d)Barca beating 5 English sides on the trot in the CL

e)Spain lying only marginally behind England at the UEFA rankings (it will only take a good showing from Spanish clubs this year, and a mediocre one by the English, for Spain to be on top again, as they were for most of the last 10 years or so)

f)La Liga teams winning half the Europa leagues in the past decade

g)I can go on and on.

I mean how can they be so dismissive of La Liga then? Or is it just that they do not wish their product to be damaged...

it's mainly ignorance i think...

they just don't care about other leagues and don't bother following what's going on outside the EPL...

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It's only really Sky that are so heavily biased & surely they must be given instructions to keep repeating all the bs to encourage everybody to buy sky & watch the best football around, hence why it's repeated so often. man **** sky

dalitis8

Banned
it's mainly ignorance i think...

they just don't care about other leagues and don't bother following what's going on outside the EPL...

Yeah, maybe it's a case of footballistic solipsism. But it's not as if La Liga is some obscure league. I think it's the only foreign league that they bother to have any kind of look at...

dalitis8

Banned
It's only really Sky that are so heavily biased & surely they must be given instructions to keep repeating all the bs to encourage everybody to buy sky & watch the best football around, hence why it's repeated so often. man **** sky

But SKY show La Liga as well, and ITV me thinks are even more nationalistic (course they have every right to) but at least they should be balanced.

They can want the best for their league, and that is alright, but don't be telling us that Aguero's star was born last night...ffs

Last edited:
W

woobie

But Sky's foreign subsidiaries (ie, Fox in the US) show the EPL abroad so there's more financial incentive to pump up that league.

Barcafan 2304

It's a tricky one the EPL vs La Liga debate. To be honest, i think the best 2 sides in Europe at the moment are the top 2 Primera clubs but the EPL has more depth to it

dalitis8

Banned
It's a tricky one the EPL vs La Liga debate. To be honest, i think the best 2 sides in Europe at the moment are the top 2 Primera clubs but the EPL has more depth to it

Absolutely true.

But the point lots of people are trying to make here, is that Aguero has been world-class for years, but for many EPL-commentators, it's as if his Atletico exploits did not count for shit...

M

mitkoa7x

I hope City beats up 'the big 4' this year, MU and Chelsea need a reality check.

Home of Barca Fans