Sergio Aguero

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I hope for his sake he wins a Carling/FA Cup or something before he finishes parking himself at City so at least he accomplished something there before moving to one of the clubs he really wants to play for.

Yellowmustard

Great debut for the little shit. I have to admit i'm a little jealous. It seems Rooney/Torres/Aguero are all on fire. This is going to be an interesting year.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Why does Mancini get so much hate here?

Mancini is an underrated coach. I was critical of his many decisions back then when he was the Inter's coach, but still I am very grateful for what he has done with Inter. The very base of the winning team which eventually won the CL with Mourinho 2 years ago was Mancini's work through the years as the coach of the team. Mancini has a winning mentality and he transmitted it to the Inter team which was living for years in dire need of that mentality. He was not very lucky during the CL matches, red cards, missing chances, off-form players, but yet he's not a perfect coach. Now he's doing the same with Man City. Unlike many people who were mocking him left and right, I knew Man City choosed a right decision by hiring Mancini. People may criticise his tactical decisions sometimes but still they going overboard about questioning his whole quality as a coach. I have 10times more respect for Mancini than I could ever had for Mourinho as an Inter fan (I always disliked Mou anyway, so that add to it!).

Pride

Mancini is an underrated coach. I was critical of his many decisions back then when he was the Inter's coach, but still I am very grateful for what he has done with Inter. The very base of the winning team which eventually won the CL with Mourinho 2 years ago was Mancini's work through the years as the coach of the team. Mancini has a winning mentality and he transmitted it to the Inter team which was living for years in dire need of that mentality. He was not very lucky during the CL matches, red cards, missing chances, off-form players, but yet he's not a perfect coach. Now he's doing the same with Man City. Unlike many people who were mocking him left and right, I knew Man City choosed a right decision by hiring Mancini. People may criticise his tactical decisions sometimes but still they going overboard about questioning his whole quality as a coach. I have 10times more respect for Mancini than I could ever had for Mourinho as an Inter fan (I always disliked Mou anyway, so that add to it!).

I like Mancini. I think he is a great tactician and has excellent strategic acumen. The thing is... you don't build a team overnight. Mancini was actually very offensive-minded at Inter I think, yes? Correct me if I am wrong. But more offensive, with less of a strikeforce than what he has now at Manchester City.

The thing is you have to be careful what you do. I thought he did great last season, FA cup victory and 3rd in the league was it? Not bad, not bad indeed. Once again, you don't build a team overnight. I think Mancini has simply matured as a manager than when he was at Inter, he is no longer just throwing players for relentlessly attacking.

Mancini has a vision for Manchester City I believe, and you are slowly seeing it happen. His team will open up more this year, trust me. They are just warming up the engine. High-gear Manchester City will be fucking terrifying for the other EPL teams.

Yellowmustard

I like Mancini. I think he is a great tactician and has excellent strategic acumen. The thing is... you don't build a team overnight. Mancini was actually very offensive-minded at Inter I think, yes? Correct me if I am wrong. But more offensive, with less of a strikeforce than what he has now at Manchester City.

The thing is you have to be careful what you do. I thought he did great last season, FA cup victory and 3rd in the league was it? Not bad, not bad indeed. Once again, you don't build a team overnight. I think Mancini has simply matured as a manager than when he was at Inter, he is no longer just throwing players for relentlessly attacking.

Mancini has a vision for Manchester City I believe, and you are slowly seeing it happen. His team will open up more this year, trust me. They are just warming up the engine. High-gear Manchester City will be fucking terrifying for the other EPL teams.
If Wenger/Ferguson had the squad he has, They would win the treble . He did good in Italy, but he just does not have the something special that all great managers have.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You know how Cules are, a player can't be called good or anything without them telling you Messi is still better.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Mancini was an offensive minded coach when he started coaching. He was the same in his first season with Inter, but after that season he did alot of changes to his tactics which he still maintain up to now. Inter had a shabby defence in that season. Though having lots of chances in every game and don't finish 'em, on the other end give one chance to the opponent and concede (having brainfart Materazzi at the heart of that defence wasn't a help either!). That was the main reason Inter was getting lots of draws in that season. Now he totally shaked up that idea of playing and now play with the idea of solid defence and physical maintenance infront of the defence to keep the backline in full support.

Yep, no way he had so many options in Inter like he has with Man City now. And to think he was going to win the EPL only by being there for 1 and a half years, while many of the players were newcomers as well is just LOL! Expecting to win the title in such a short time when there are always classic contenders in the league with their coaches being there for more than a DECADE is simply hilarious. Man City spent big but they didn't sign Messi's and Ronaldo's. They were just overspending for players. Their best player Carlos Tevez is called as 'Overrated' by many people. I don't think a year ago anyone was going to mention any of these players as world class or great players: Hart, Richards, Lescott, Kompany, Kolarov, Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry, Yaya Tore, Silva... But they were all the usual starters in his team.

Seriously who will say Hart-Zabaleta-Kompany-Lescott-Kolarov is better than Van Der Sar-Fabio-Vidic-Ferdinand-Evra?!

dalitis8

Banned
I love how he was amazing for Atletico but the english press only hype him up after a brace against Swansea fucking City :lol:

That is absolutely true.

Players like Aguero, Silva and Toure had been immense in La Liga for years, but it is only now that the English press starts recognising their talents...

dalitis8

Banned
You know how Cules are, a player can't be called good or anything without them telling you Messi is still better.

When someone goes on a mad rant on how his star player is great (and maybe the greatest in the world) well, they should be reminded of Leo Messi.

Recall that in 2009/10, lots of Mancunians and English press experts were claiming that granny-shagger was the best in the world, and many Chelski fans were saying the same about Drogba. Well, they should have their enthusiasm curtailed...

Home of Barca Fans