Sergio Aguero

B

barcelonista

Agüero is a genuine striker. Alexis is a winger / supporting striker. Agüero's finishing is far superior. He has a 1 goal in 2 games record over 230 games at Atletico (16 goals in 25 PL games so far) and he started playing there at age 18 when he obviously wasn't as prolific as nowadays (he's still only 23). I think Agüero is the best CF in the world today. I have to disagree that he wouldn't fit Barcelona. He's very similar to Villa (with much better dribbling ability). He could play on our wing as an inside forward like a boss. Henry did it, Eto'o did it, Villa does it. So can Agüero (in fact, he does for City with either Balotelli or Dzeko on the top).

Sanchez was known for his dribbling and trickery. He completed the most successful dribbles last season in Serie A. 3 per game. Pep always repeated that he likes Alexis' ability to get past defenders. Somehow he doesn't do it anymore for us though. His dribbles have dropped to 0.8 per game ... which isn't any better than Villa's dribbling stats who got heavily criticised for not taking on his defender last season. We somehow use Alexis centrally, as a CF, now. Not so much as a winger.

Not that I complain about da Sex. I wouldn't have complained about Kun either though. He handed in a transfer request and Atletico obviously didn't want to sell to Real Madrid. He wanted to play for us and with Messi. Negotiated properly, we could have gotten him for only a bit more than what we paid for Alexis.

Agüero-----Messi-----Villa

It would be like our treble winning Henry-Messi-Eto'o frontline. Just better.

dqNRJ.gif

psychotsek

Aguero is inconsistent... and his dribbling is not on par with Alexis. His intelligent runs, pace and finishing make him what he is today

Kun has scored 20 goals per year since 2007 i believe that is consistency.Alexis' dribbling maybe be better but apart from a few glimpses he hasn`t shown that in a barca shirt as he rarely takes on opponets 1 on 1.
Aguero is a better player than Alexis at the moment.Most people in this forum would agree had we signed him instead of Sanchez.

Maria

Aguero is inconsistent... and his dribbling is not on par with Alexis. His intelligent runs, pace and finishing make him what he is today

Kun was inconstistent at Patetico and he still scored at least 19 goals/season since 2007. Not to mention the fact that Kun's passing is far superior to Alexis'.
And it's not like Alexis had 3 good consecutive games for us either..he was good in the big games, but he still struggles in the small ones. I thought that he will help Messi more(like Pedro used to or like Iniesta does), but he still hasn't developed a very good understanding with Leo. And Pep and his continuing fixation on Cesc hasn't helped either.
But he's still young and the time it's on his side.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Kun has scored 20 goals per year since 2007 i believe that is consistency.Alexis' dribbling maybe be better but apart from a few glimpses he hasn`t shown that in a barca shirt as he rarely takes on opponets 1 on 1.
Aguero is a better player than Alexis at the moment.Most people in this forum would agree had we signed him instead of Sanchez.
He spent like 3 months without scoring last season...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Kun was inconstistent at Patetico and he still scored at least 19 goals/season since 2007. Not to mention the fact that Kun's passing is far superior to Alexis'.
And it's not like Alexis had 3 good consecutive games for us either..he was good in the big games, but he still struggles in the small ones. I thought that he will help Messi more(like Pedro used to or like Iniesta does), but he still hasn't developed a very good understanding with Leo. And Pep and his continuing fixation on Cesc hasn't helped either.
But he's still young and the time it's on his side.
I never said Alexis isn't inconsistent... In fact I already pointed it out in his thread a while ago

psychotsek

He spent like 3 months without scoring last season...
And still he managed to score over 20 goals/season sth few players in La Liga can achieve.Don't forget also that he played for Athletico a team inferior where he had less opportunities to score.His passing ang ball control are better than the Sex at the moment.As for the 3 months drought you cannot expect every player to be in perfect form in every game (except the alien).
Anyway i think he would be a better fit than Sanchez given his experience alone,this said Alexis can become a great(?) player if he can improove his first touches,dribbling and scoring abilities(they are good but not at top level yet)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And still he managed to score over 20 goals/season sth few players in La Liga can achieve.Don't forget also that he played for Athletico a team inferior where he had less opportunities to score.His passing ang ball control are better than the Sex at the moment.As for the 3 months drought you cannot expect every player to be in perfect form in every game (except the alien).
Anyway i think he would be a better fit than Sanchez given his experience alone,this said Alexis can become a great(?) player if he can improove his first touches,dribbling and scoring abilities(they are good but not at top level yet)
I'm not argueing who's better for system and stuff man... Just pointed out to mitxkoa that Alexis is better @ dribbling and Aguero better @ finishing because he seems to have the opposite view

I was one of those who really wanted us to sign Aguero BTW :)
Bu with Alexis I'm not complaining

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Agüero is a better player than Alexis at the moment. He's more experienced, he's about as good a dribbler (just slower), his finishing is better (but not great), he's a better passer and he's got the ability to do the unexpected. He's an unpredictable, unstable, Giuseppe Rossi with a higher potential.

Alexis on the other hand works much, much harder defensively. And at Barca, that's essential for a winger. Therefore he might just be the better option.

M

mitkoa7x

Agüero is a better player than Alexis at the moment. He's more experienced, he's about as good a dribbler (just slower), his finishing is better (but not great), he's a better passer and he's got the ability to do the unexpected. He's an unpredictable, unstable, Giuseppe Rossi with a higher potential.

Alexis on the other hand works much, much harder defensively. And at Barca, that's essential for a winger. Therefore he might just be the better option.

When I read it 1 thought immediately came to my mind - Balotelli

psychotsek

I'm not argueing who's better for system and stuff man... Just pointed out to mitxkoa that Alexis is better @ dribbling and Aguero better @ finishing because he seems to have the opposite view

I was one of those who really wanted us to sign Aguero BTW :)
Bu with Alexis I'm not complaining

Ok hope no hard feelings :D. I think can remember it from transfer section.It's just that i'm a little dissapointed that we choose not to sign him and instead went for Sanchez who although it's his first season he still hasn't justified his price tag IMO.

DucdeOrléans

Agüero is a fantastic player.

Agüero-Messi-Sánchez. That's a brutal frontline.

Looking at it in retroperspective we should have bought Agüero instead of Villa. The latter has 1-2 good seasons left in him while the former has 6-7.

gingerless

aguero's passing better? really? alexis hasn't really proven his passing ability in barca but in udinese his passing was top notch. everyone who plays for barca faces difficulty in expressing their talents, if aguero were to replace alexis right now he would look no better... without the work rate i would say he would look much worse than alexis does right now but it's all speculation

Tonykross

Sanchez just had one average/good season with Udinese 12 goals and 9 assists, which included 4 goals in a single game. I think we overpaid for him because of the media hype, even though he has great potetial,he is not the finished product yet.

Home of Barca Fans