Sergio Aguero

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Great argument, I'm convinced. He started almost every game this season....Dzeko would have got some of those 30 goals if Mancini used him in a better manner, Aguero had the luxury of being a regular and having the best midfield in the league right behind him. Dominant for a striker is what RvP and Falcao did this season, City had more crucial performers this season in Kompany and Silva.

Tony Kroos > Xavi.

I like Aguero but I can't stand these drones who go "OMG OMG I KNEW IT!! WE SOOOO SHUDA SIGNED HIM!!! AGUERO > SANCHEZ" every time he scores a goal after strolling around the pitch for 80 minutes without giving a fuck, he's also missed his fair share of sitters this season as has Alexis, difference is people talk about Alexis' misses because he wears a barca shirt not a mercenary shirt.

100%

I knew this thread would be filled with that crap & low and behold it was, Sanchez is a much better fit for Barcelona seeing as Messi plays through the centre, Aguero wouldn't do shit at RW.

psychotsek

Great argument, I'm convinced.He started almost every game this season....Dzeko would have got some of those 30 goals if Mancini used him in a better manner, Aguero had the luxury of being a regular and having the best midfield in the league right behind him. Dominant for a striker is what RvP and Falcao did this season, City had more crucial performers this season in Kompany and Silva.
So this is your counterargument?Beeing used as a regular plus a good midfield cam make a striker score over 30 goals?
No matter how great the midfielders are you need a player to score and that's what he did..
No one said that he was City's best player this season.Kompany and Silva may have been more crucial performers as you say but that doesn't prove anything.
One could say that RvP of Falcao scored that much cause the had their teams playing only for them..
Bottom line is that in his first season he was one City's best players and without him they couldn't have won the league.

mateopol

:worthy: What a player. Worth every penny City spent on him. Clutch player. Thank you Kun for saving us of all articlesa bout Park, Young and Jones brilliance. Kun :worthy:

poltergeist

Aguero hasn't played much as a striker this season. Only in the latter stages of the season; the last 4 games, that he consistently played as the point man with Tevez's return to the squad.

He's played behind Balo/Dzeko for the better part of the season.

30 goals and 9 assits is just unbelievable.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
before Aguero scored that goal I had no idea he was even on the pitch. I thought he was subbed off or something. Sanchez is a way better fit for FCB and with a full pre-season (and hopefully no more stupid 90min performances in friendlies for Chile) he'll really show his quality next season.

Maria

Great argument, I'm convinced. He started almost every game this season....Dzeko would have got some of those 30 goals if Mancini used him in a better manner, Aguero had the luxury of being a regular and having the best midfield in the league right behind him. Dominant for a striker is what RvP and Falcao did this season, City had more crucial performers this season in Kompany and Silva.

Tony Kroos > Xavi.

I like Aguero but I can't stand these drones who go "OMG OMG I KNEW IT!! WE SOOOO SHUDA SIGNED HIM!!! AGUERO > SANCHEZ" every time he scores a goal after strolling around the pitch for 80 minutes without giving a fuck, he's also missed his fair share of sitters this season as has Alexis, difference is people talk about Alexis' misses because he wears a barca shirt not a mercenary shirt.

:worthy:
Where were these gloryhunting fans after City's previous 2 games when Kun was completelly shit and his misses could have costed City the title..ah I remember. They were on Yaya's thread, too busy crying after him and blaming Pep, Busi and Keita for his departure.
These fans are making me happy that Pep is gone: he doesn't know how to buy, his developement of youngsters is just a myth(the only thing standing between Bojan and greatness it was Pep), his experiments have cost us the league title and he's at fault for the fact that we didn't play 4 consecutive CL finals. I'm looking forward to the next year without Pep holding us down..

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The one thing good about seeing Barca lose is knowing these fans will be on some Manchester City board in a year crying how "We" need to sell that inconsistent bum Aguero to buy the next flavour of the month.

dodi1982

Figures speak!! .Aguero has been a substantial key for City this season and this has nothing to do in the comparison with Sanchez .

The experience behind Kun's back is to mention if anybody still wants to compare

I agree The Argentinean would not fit in Barca's system and we would have a copy of Argentina's NT problems at Camp Nou if we have signed Kun .

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

the topsy-turvy fans aside..

the old discussion of aguero being a good enough footballer for barca is utterly ridiculous.

for what its worth, i think he would fit right in at barca.

B

beautifulgame

truth be told, i think the time to sign him has passed; well, at least for another season.

also, i don't think signing aguero means villa must go..

the dilemma that is relevant now is not villa or aguero; it could be both or neither.

the question is: if villa gets hurt or has a tough time coming back, won't we find ourselves in the same situation of having to rely on messi to create and score everything in the forward line?

against this madrid, that isn't really a risk one can take.

a player that is apt around the goal probably should be brought in.

however, it doesn't necessarily have to be any specific player.. but aguero would be great.

i believe there is only one irreplaceable player in the world and that is messi and maybe xavi/busi; outside of those two there are always options.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans