Sergio Busquets

jamrock

Sport gave him a 5, but gave lewa & alsons 6 lol

Those should be reversed, its over for him if the Catalans turn against him

Kul_z

Surprised me. He looked competitive, some fine ball retrievals. I thought he would be much worse. 1 half good, 2 half usual ancient one level

khaled_a_d

This is by the way something he does most games. Leaves his position to wander off and press as the highest man for some reason.

I don't know why he does it, but I don't often see other CDMs do it. It makes very little sense. Obviously issue with Frenkie is that he also loves to wander around.

In any case we need to look at CDM options in January and next summer.

I think it is Xavi thing, he always ask CDM to press high for whatever reason.
Busquets was more comfortable staying back under Koeman.
PS: not sure what Busi done can legitimately be called pressing, it was a slow motion jogging

Barcilliant

That was such a fucking gaping hole for Sane to run through. Honestly,shit that looked so Sunday league like. I saw the gap when that move started off near the midfield touchline. Both Kounde and Arajuo should have done better too.

khaled_a_d

He's been physically shot for about 5 years, however he now can't pick a pass under pressure at all.

And it's not like he's trying anything too risky in the pass selection, just flaps at the basics.

Many times team skipped him and moved to Gavi/Pedri directly and they did great under pressure.
Felt like change of guards tbh, like the team itself isn't having the faith in him, but more in the young kids.

It is long overdue, but this season there is no argument for Busquets anymore.

iniestaGOAT

That was such a fucking gaping hole for Sane to run through. Honestly,shit that looked so Sunday league like. I saw the gap when that move started off near the midfield touchline. Both Kounde and Arajuo should have done better too.

That was a case of whole team collapsing and being shook after conceding.

Looked like it was gonna be another 3-0 5-0 at that point

Porque

Defensive midfield in possession, free role playmaker in defence. Busi is just being a hipster and reversing the conventional norms of football. And Xavi loves him for it.

f6f1af77eff4f595148cc02dcb5eefb4_w200.gif

Bobo32

9 tackles+interceptions from this guy yesterday, 2nd player in Barcelona on 5 and then a couple on 4.
6 passes into the final third, Kounde had one more than him but otherwise no one with more than 4.

xXKonan

Well everyone has seen that coming.

Him playing in games like this is like playing with 10 men at this point. Can't shield the defense, and can't even provide much in the build-up because he isn't willing to position himself to help out the likes of Pedri and Gavi. The guy was being carried hard by two kids who aren't even 20 yet.

The only positive thing I can say is thank god he's hell-bent on leaving at the end of the season to MLS if rumors are to be true.

Home of Barca Fans