Sergio Busquets

jamrock

One thing I would say, is that if he does leave, I'd be more open to Messi returning, which is something I'm not a big fan of primarily because you can't put out a team where three players can't/don't run and expect to compete at the highest level.

Messi
Lewa
Busquets.

If we can get some legs in to replace busquets and lewa is pretty mobile for his age, it has a better chance of working.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Playing under pressure, passing between lines, positioning, tackles and interceptions in the opponent's half, game intelligence. Soon these monkeys will find out who they have lost.

Nah lability as shown in Europe this season, in the WC and last game v Real in record home defeat v them in last 15 years.

Positionally poor in shielding defence, bad give aways game after game and far too slow.

jairzinho

Good on him to realize his time is up chasing shadows.

Even if he was shite the last couple years he is a Barca legend for sure.

Porque

Xavi will probably join them. Already shown once he will take the Oil money.

Might think a LaLiga is enough and be done with the stress.

khaled_a_d

We should have had a replacement busquets yeaaarrrrssss ago not just last summer, but you know who didn't believe in succession planning.

Anyways if he leaves he'll be missed, but the team will just have to adapt to a different way of playing.

We signed Frenkie for that purpose tbf to Abidal.
Good player, for the wrong position

khaled_a_d

How’s about not looking for a direct Busquets replacement and get someone for a couple seasons like Brozovic to double pivot with De Jong, with Pedri playing as CAM.

Every team needs a Croatian.

Kessie for Brozovic, with Umtiti/Alonso joining Inter, would be the best case scenario fir us.

Inter fans seems to not find the idea as preposterous as you would think, but not sure if there management see it the same way.

Sailor Mars

Barca will suffer in the league without Busquets against these slow tempo La Liga teams that sit back.

I just hope the club doesn't go looking for another like for like replacement. Time to modernize the midfield for European cup competitions.

Home of Barca Fans