Sergio Busquets

JamDav1982

Barca will suffer in the league without Busquets against these slow tempo La Liga teams that sit back.

I just hope the club doesn't go looking for another like for like replacement. Time to modernize the midfield for European cup competitions.
Let see.

I would wager Barca score more v those teams next season than this.

Sailor Mars

Let see.

I would wager Barca score more v those teams next season than this.
That would likely be due to reinforcements on the front line and someone like Dembele staying healthy.

The midfield in league games without Busquets has had more below average games than above average games.

Busquets is still a good player when teams don't force him to cover a lot of ground.

JamDav1982

That would likely be due to reinforcements on the front line and someone like Dembele staying healthy.

The midfield in league games without Busquets has had more below average games than above average games.

Busquets is still a good player when teams don't force him to cover a lot of ground.

No that is not the case.

The midfield without Busi has won 7 of 8 games in the league if consider the game v Espanyol winning before he came on and the goals average in those games was increased.

malvolio

Busi leaving as a champion, smart lad.

Dunno how we will play though, as the golden retriever can't play as lone pivot. Midfield needs at least two signings.

JamDav1982

Busi leaving as a champion, smart lad.

Dunno how we will play though, as the golden retriever can't play as lone pivot. Midfield needs at least two signings.

That would be FDJ who has been good as lone pivot when Busi missing but best player in team when played in his best position.

There is no need for two signings if Busquets leaves.

Should have left before now.

Sailor Mars

No that is not the case.

The midfield without Busi has won 7 of 8 games in the league if consider the game v Espanyol winning before he came on and the goals average in those games was increase
You're correct about the 7/8. Guess the recent performance against Rayo without Busquets stood out more.

For me, he quality of play of the midfield and their passing decisiveness suffered without Busquets and didn't pass the eye test for me, but the results do speak for themselves.

Looking forward to seeing how the team structures the midfield next season without him.

vuji_31

40 years old Busqets >>>>> Amrabat

If Amrabat us our go to player, rather play without CDM.

Another Braithwaite/Pjanic/Boateng type of transfer.

JamDav1982

You're correct about the 7/8. Guess the recent performance against Rayo without Busquets stood out more.

For me, he quality of play of the midfield and their passing decisiveness suffered without Busquets and didn't pass the eye test for me, but the results do speak for themselves.

Looking forward to seeing how the team structures the midfield next season without him.

Busquets played four games before Rayo ... in 3 of the 4... 0-0 Getafe, 0-0 Girona and worst defeat to Real at home in 15 years.

Yet folk make out poor v Rayo as he was missing...

FDJ and Pedri were far from 100% that Rayo game also.

Barca were 0-0 at previous weekend v Osasuna.. Busi went off and won 1-0.

BJJ

Happy he's going. 6 years overdue imo but that's how Barca roll these days. 6 years behind the rest of Europe.
Put De Jong as DM and sign an enforcer to partner him. Brozovic or Amrabat would be ok.

Home of Barca Fans