Sergio Busquets

Richard.H

He was an integral part of all of our CL winning teams since 2009. He was partly why I joined this forum also. Amazing DM in his prime, and you can make an argument he gave birth to the modern DM. Respect to Busi, he is a club legend :worthy:

Windhook

It's a great thing he leaves with one last trophy for Barca. It's a bittersweet moment, Busi is already a club legend, but as with Pique, the legacy is mixed with poor performances throughout the years.

Total-Football

U gonna believe riquelma who prolly doesn't even watch football since he retired over us fans who watched this fraud getting destroyed twice a weak. Fuck outta here.

CatalinR10

His time was due like 5 years ago not to mention that his salary was/is absurdly high but it is what it is ( :valverde: ).

He was also fucking amazing from the start untill like 5 -6 years ago with some of those years being at GOAT DM level so you can't be that mad , now that he's finally leaving , for his past years.

In the end he's truly a Barcelona legend , was untouchable and a beauty to watch in his prime.

Zidane82

Re: 28 - Sergio Busquets

I have never seen such a revelation like him. I mean I have seen Messi but he was so gradual and very well taken care of. But to have someone straight from Barca B and stand up to the challenge better than most DMs and CMs in the world, was just amazing. What a discovery from Pep. One of the best players to come from canterra if he continues to develop this way.

Interesting post from 15 years ago !!

We will probably never see his like again

Apparently in the 15 years since his debut he’s only missed 18 Barca games through injury !!

Last edited:

Zidane82

He was an integral part of all of our CL winning teams since 2009. He was partly why I joined this forum also. Amazing DM in his prime, and you can make an argument he gave birth to the modern DM. Respect to Busi, he is a club legend :worthy:
.. and yet so many turned on him

vuji_31

Well after 2018, Barto needed to reset squad, but he decided to give 5 years more to Roberto, Busqets, Alba and Umtiti LOL.

Busqets was top until 2017, but his last 6 years in Europe were shambolic.

JamDav1982

Busquets hasnt been the same for Barca since Xavi and Iniesta got old.

Nor has he been the same for Spain. Been terrible at all big trournaments more or less since 2012 bat being good at Euro 2020... even then not as good as made out.

Folk can revise history and make out he has been brilliant for years but reality is he hasnt and looks off the pace constantly off tthe ball. The last few years it has only got worse.

There are some rumours Busi himsefl was pissed off Xavi never signed his replacement and played him too much as he knew himself how much he had slowed down.

Home of Barca Fans