Sergio Busquets

Hatem Ben Arfa

I know I thought about that, but then thought maybe Mou didn't come at us with this because Barca might claim racism for whatever Arbeloa said to Keita to make him react so badly and cause the 22 man mele outside the tunnel?

Who knows, but the video footage seems to be pretty damning for Busquets.

If it is true and he did say a Racist taunt to Marcelo, how would Barca discipline him? Sell him? Somehow I don't see that happening. A ban and a fine?

Personally if the claims are true, I want Busquests SOLD! He is brings nothing but shame to the name of Futbol Club Barcelona with his diving antics and gives the club a bad image and La Liga haters fuel for their La Liga and Barca are nothing but a bunch of diving whining divers, best team in world? you are joking....arguments.

XaviMessiGirl

Well he would never be sold I can tell you that. It would end up hurting the club more because he still is a fantastic player regardless of all his antics. However if this is true I expect a ban, fine, and public apology. Not just to Marcelo (that one is obvious) but to Barca as well. When you have players on your squad like Keita, Abidal, and Alves who have all been subject to racial slurs themselves, and Messi etc who do anti-racism campaigns, that's disrespectful to our institution.

That being said though there's no use debating this unless there is an actual statement from places other than Marca. Also I doubt Busquets is actually a racist, just someone who made a stupid disrespectful comment.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I believe there is use in debating this. It is spreading all over the internet like wildfire! it is possibly why Madrid are seeking a 2 match ban for Busquets.

We will see in the morning what the response of the Club is. They cannot allow this to circulate around the World without passing comment while the name of Futbol Club Barcelona is sullied by claims we have a racist player in the team! Certainly not good for FC Barca's Global image and standing!

XaviMessiGirl

Honestly though that video has been circulating for days now since the match. If the club was going to make a statement I would think they would do so by now, but they aren't going to let allegations by Marca get in the way of the match on Tuesday. Like I said it hasn't been reported elsewhere other than there and the internet (by people who got it from there). If Madrid opened up a formal complaint then they would have to deal with it of course, but doesn't look like that has happened.

However I'm not going to lie, I would like some clarification on the matter. Racism is a serious accusation.

fcbarcatenerife

Oh brother. Nobody can tell what he says from that video clip, it's the Madrid Press that has spread the rumor that he called him a mono. If he did use a racial slur, Marcelo would have said something about it, don't you think? It's not like the Madrid players are keeping quiet about their feelings in the press!

Honestly, if you guys want to hate on Busquets for overacting, that's fine, but I don't think there's any need to make things up.

gingerless

Oh brother. Nobody can tell what he says from that video clip, it's the Madrid Press that has spread the rumor that he called him a mono. If he did use a racial slur, Marcelo would have said something about it, don't you think? It's not like the Madrid players are keeping quiet about their feelings in the press!

Honestly, if you guys want to hate on Busquets for overacting, that's fine, but I don't think there's any need to make things up.

thank you...

Seamus

Ya thats hardly damning evidence of anything he said.

Marca must be looking at youtube videos 24/7 since Wednesday the loosers

E

estranged

Btw regarding his poor passing lately, he did miss a few passes but I think we give him a hard time because of his actions....look here he completed the most passes after Xavi...

Xavi: 107/112 =96%
Sergio: 103/110=94%
Pique: 76/85 =89%
Masch: 64/67 =96%
Dani Alvs: 58/65=89%
Puyol: 42/48 =88%
Keita: 40/43 =93%

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
What do you think he is saying then Corb? to me I have to agree with the transcript that he is indeed saying "mono".

Home of Barca Fans