Manuel Traquete

I'd go:

1. Messi
2. Busquets
3. Xavi
4. Mascherano
5. Cesc/Valdés
6. Valdés/Cesc

Sounds about right, can't disagree with that ranking.

Leaving Iniesta out is almost blasphemous, but he was injured for long periods and only recently has he fully overcome those woes, so it is justified, even if at his very best he's only behind Messi.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'd go:

1. Messi
2. Busquets
3. Xavi
4. Mascherano
5. Cesc/Valdés
6. Valdés/Cesc

I don't understand your list, Meta... You said in Cesc's thread that he was our second most important player, right? Or you meant something different, like he was our second most effective player or something? Regardless I agree with your list, Busi is the man!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
As much as I love Xavi, I think Mascherano has performed to his (perceived) maximum in more games this season.

I dunno.

Xavi has done his usual boss job this season but has also scored loads of goals.

I don't understand your list, Meta... You said in Cesc's thread that he was our second most important player, right? Or you meant something different, like he was our second most effective player or something? Regardless I agree with your list, Busi is the man!

yes I mean effective. in terms of scoring goals & making assists. only Messi surpasses him in that regard but in terms of importance to our play there are for sure 3 guys ahead of him, maybe 4. maaaaybe 5 because Dani has been crucial as well. but I think you could order Cesc, Valdés and Dani in any order and be about right.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
yes I mean effective. in terms of scoring goals & making assists. only Messi surpasses him in that regard but in terms of importance to our play there are for sure 3 guys ahead of him, maybe 4. maaaaybe 5 because Dani has been crucial as well. but I think you could order Cesc, Valdés and Dani in any order and be about right.

Oh ok, and reading your latest posts in Cesc's thread make it clearer now...

M

mitkoa7x

Top form AGAIN please tomorrow Sergio.
Sergio-Busquets-6.jpg

barcaboy15

Funny you all were just talking about Busquets being our 2nd best player this season, I was coming on this thread to post exactly that. Well, both him and Masch in my opinion. I was gonna do a poll about it...

I still remember the 09/10 season when I thought Busquets was a real liability and blamed Pep for playing him over Yaya. Boy, they both made me feel pretty moronic now.

I feel Busquets is amazingly underrated, of course in England where they pretty much hate him but even amongst Barca fans.

Home of Barca Fans