Sergio Busquets

Snake

Agreed.... The best I've seen from him... In a very though match I must say. Villarreal have done things well so far.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Screwed up horribly on one occasion that could have lead to a penalty with a different ref. But yeah, he had some great moments otherwise, both offensively (strnog runs and movements) and defensively with great tackles. I never seen his talent as obviously as tonight, and it gets even clearer to my why Pep is discarding Toure. If he keeps his learning curve up and esp. solves his proness to mistakes, he will have passed Toure within this year. I would expect him getting a regular by this time and a transfer of Toure away from Barcelona in summer too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Screwed up horribly on one occasion that could have lead to a penalty with a different ref. But yeah, he had some great moments otherwise, both offensively (strnog runs and movements) and defensively with great tackles. I never seen his talent as obviously as tonight, and it gets even clearer to my why Pep is discarding Toure. If he keeps his learning curve up and esp. solves his proness to mistakes, he will have passed Toure within this year. I would expect him getting a regular by this time and a transfer of Toure away from Barcelona in summer too.

Agreed.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
apart from a couple of moments, it was a brilliant performance.

he was everywhere, hassling and harrying. he made loads of tackles. and some of his play, both offensive and in terms of keeping possession, was brilliant. he's got a big chance to almost totally oust yaya from the team while the big fella is away. he looks like he may be setting about taking it.

he matched senna tonight. that's a huge statement in terms of the spanish NT.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Marquez is a DM as well or at least played there for good amount of time. And he was better than Chygo imo.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I have to disagree Bojan. (with anyone who says Marquez was better)

He failed somehow every tackle by seconds, he just ran away when we were in possession, he left a gap before our backline, and on and on.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
busquets was quality. added some drive to our midfield, won the ball back high-up the pitch, and moved it about nice and easily. he was hurt by the fact that, due to the subs, the defence turned into jelly behind him.

try putting a plate on top of some jelly. it'll wobble like fuck no matter how solid the plate is.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
awful for the first 30 minutes. utterly awful. possibly even worse than marquez.

however after that he shaped up and was great for the rest of the game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was below par I agree. I just hope he doesn't pick up cards in coming matches.. Notion of having this season's Marquez as DM is terrifying.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Very solid game by the Sarge again. Only 21, the potential is soooooo huge.

Moreover, I was searching in my summaries this afternoon and I saw that Busquets was already deployed in the Racing game at home, the second one of 08/09 and consecutive 3,4,5,6,7 games as well.

I didn't remember his breakthrough was that direct, I thought it went more calmly. After all not that big of a difference with this season then. And what a great spot by Pep.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Quietly and consistently effective tonight, good game from Sergi and he seems to be overcoming his previous poor form. Still a cheat though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Is Toure away?
Ok, Sergi is Barca prototype of a DM. Agile, technical and yet streetwise (as Pep said once).

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
okay game as he was not asked to do much, i just fear he will have a lack of concentration and do something stupid in the CL like what he did in el clasico

Home of Barca Fans