Sergio Busquets

F

Flavia

is it only me that thinks Busquets is overrated on here?

I think he's good at moving on the ball as quickly as possible to players better than him, usually with first time passes making him almost unnoticeable at times. I suppose that is his role in the team and he does it well but I don't think he has much else to his game. If you ever see him take his time on the ball and try to actually play and make something happen he usually loses possession with flicks that don't come off, or he gets tackled. He's got no pace at all, he can't head the ball either which is no help when he fills in as a center back when our players go forward.

anyone agree/disagree?
He doesn't have much pace and he's bad at cb, but I disagree with all the rest. Busi is becoming the main factor to whether barça plays well or not. He's making me less nervous about Xavi retiring, too. He might not be the best in offense duties, but he does so well what he has to do, Barça struggles hard when he's not on the pitch. Don't forget all the players he has put on his pocket. He made so many players look lost, like ozil and sneijder.

Henry_IB

Banned
is it only me that thinks Busquets is overrated on here?

I think he's good at moving on the ball as quickly as possible to players better than him, usually with first time passes making him almost unnoticeable at times. I suppose that is his role in the team and he does it well but I don't think he has much else to his game. If you ever see him take his time on the ball and try to actually play and make something happen he usually loses possession with flicks that don't come off, or he gets tackled. He's got no pace at all, he can't head the ball either which is no help when he fills in as a center back when our players go forward.

anyone agree/disagree?

At first I was like, the fuck am I reading? Then I saw it was from the same person who thought Neymar was the better than Messi.

Trickykid

I must say I agree with HBA on this one. If we did a straight swap (perhaps throw in 10 to 20 mio euros to make it fair) with useless Busi for the mighty Tioté we'd once again rule the multiverse.

Alissa

I actually hate the 'I don't want to live on this planet' meme, but here there's definitely nothing else left to say.

mixer

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg

Hatem Ben Arfa

He doesn't have much pace and he's bad at cb, but I disagree with all the rest. Busi is becoming the main factor to whether barça plays well or not. He's making me less nervous about Xavi retiring, too. He might not be the best in offense duties, but he does so well what he has to do, Barça struggles hard when he's not on the pitch. Don't forget all the players he has put on his pocket. He made so many players look lost, like ozil and sneijder.

OK fair enough. I just think people are overrating him a bit. He's best at moving the ball on quickly and first time, which is fantastic in our system (Manita vs Madrid is the best I've ever seen him play). But the rest of his game I just feel is lacking and this shows whenever he tries to play/carry the ball and make things happen.

He's still very young and can only improve though. I'm not sure about him doing Xavi's job though.

BigBarcaBoy

I must say I agree with HBA on this one. If we did a straight swap (perhaps throw in 10 to 20 mio euros to make it fair) with useless Busi for the mighty Tioté we'd once again rule the multiverse.
Tiote better than Biscuits, are you serious, I'm not his biggest fan but seriously Tiote is not that good

X

xaviniesta

He's still very young and can only improve though. I'm not sure about him doing Xavi's job though.

why did you bring that up?? why the hell he need to do xavi's job? he don't need to be the new xavi or anybody else and i'm sure he will never play in xavi's position regulary. he has his own unique position which we know in 10 years as the busquets role.

Hatem Ben Arfa

why did you bring that up?? why the hell he need to do xavi's job? he don't need to be the new xavi or anybody else and i'm sure he will never play in xavi's position regulary. he has his own unique position which we know in 10 years as the busquets role.

Read Flavia's post.

Home of Barca Fans