Sergio Busquets

XaviMessiGirl

What is ultras anyways? In Eastern Europe they are fanatic fans, who are also hooligans and vandals as well.

What are Barca's ultras?

Our most infamous ultras group is banned from the Camp Nou (as an organization at least, there are still some individual members who attend matches but they cannot display flags/scarves/other things related to the group nor do they get the backing of the club like they used to). There are other, lesser groups as well though.

Also tbh I'm not going to call season ticket holders who give more to the club than I ever could a disgrace, yeah it's a little overboard to boo one of your own players but that's part of the mentality, if they don't like something they're VERY vocal about it.

XaviMessiGirl

No not just money, but time, dedication, passion. Some of these guys travel to every away game and then have to go to work the next morning. I'm not saying I agree with everything they do (I don't), just saying it is silly to judge how much of a cule they are by one particular action. And I'm not only talking about people affiliated with Boixos or any other ultras group, just people in general.

However Busquets thread isn't the appropriate place to debate this IMO.

Blaugrana dude

No not just money, but time, dedication, passion. Some of these guys travel to every away game and then have to go to work the next morning. I'm not saying I agree with everything they do (I don't), just saying it is silly to judge how much of a cule they are by one particular action. And I'm not only talking about people affiliated with Boixos or any other ultras group, just people in general.

Also aren't these season-ticket holders usually members of the club as well. These members basically run and "own" the club, which explains why some of them might feel that they are entitled to boo their own players. As for Busquets, I always thought that there was too much spotlight on that acting against Inter. He certainly isn't the worse offender on the team, Dani and Sanchez, come to mind but I can understand why he won't be too popular with non-Barca fans. A shame really as people will not recognize his genius and rather notice his diving.

X

xaviniesta

yeah, time, dedication and passion to boo their of damn players. why the hell you defend those idiots anyway?

and whats the big fuss anyway? once he got hacked down by scholes, fanboys start to boo him and the other time he pulls nanis shirt and then he crossed his legs behind, fair refereeing, both were wrong and got yellow cards. if this is deserving for some booing then some guys should live with this 24/7.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Busi got booed as he stepped out on the pitch, they didnt boo him based on his performance imo.

These 'cules' that are booing him can fuck right off, we dont need traveling fans who boo one of our best players.

XaviMessiGirl

Also aren't these season-ticket holders usually members of the club as well. These members basically run and "own" the club, which explains why some of them might feel that they are entitled to boo their own players. As for Busquets, I always thought that there was too much spotlight on that acting against Inter. He certainly isn't the worse offender on the team, Dani and Sanchez, come to mind but I can understand why he won't be too popular with non-Barca fans. A shame really as people will not recognize his genius and rather notice his diving.

Yes they're usually socis as well (I think you might have to be a soci to get season tickets, I'm not sure).

And I agree he gets more hate than he should, I don't like that he dives (or when any of our players do) but he doesn't do it as frequently as many would have you believe. However the peekaboo against Inter and I think there was one other peekaboo last season, forget which match... was disgraceful and I felt embarrassed that one of our players would do that. Yeah, most players dive at some time or another - for example yesterday I saw Diego Milito diving all over the place for Inter in the EL and yet so many Inter fans think Barca are a team of cheats - but peekabooing and other things, waving your arms and yelling at the ref or whatever after you dive, are not needed.

But whatever, I still think Busquets is a very important player for us, just like Alves. Just wish there were a couple things the both of them would remove from their game.

Galning

Yes only socis can have a season ticket.

That said, I can't believe regular Barça fans would boo Busquets in a friendly. It's true that boo'ing your own players is common in Spain, but I haven't heard it in Barça since Pep took over. Busquets played lots of games already and they never boo'd him. It's just Swedish 'Barça' fans.. nothing to be worried about.

poncirus

However the peekaboo against Inter and I think there was one other peekaboo last season, forget which match... was disgraceful and I felt embarrassed that one of our players would do that.
It's actually pretty common thing. Players usually do it more discretely and not every match is followed by million cameras.

It is scary what media can do with something with no substance at all. Stupidity of people is depressing. Anyway, all this talk about "diving and cheating" is for idiots.

XaviMessiGirl

Yes only socis can have a season ticket.

That said, I can't believe regular Barça fans would boo Busquets in a friendly. It's true that boo'ing your own players is common in Spain, but I haven't heard it in Barça since Pep took over. Busquets played lots of games already and they never boo'd him. It's just Swedish 'Barça' fans.. nothing to be worried about.

My friend is a soci who traveled and she was sitting with other socis, people around her were doing it. Granted she did say it was only a small number of them.

X

xaviniesta

i need names.

tumblr_loxpzyvAPr1qzstls.gif

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Didn't Arbeloa do a "peekaboo" during the Euros? I didn't hear anyone boo him after that... And how would doing it be worse than just diving ordinarily? No difference whatsoever, except peekabooing is for those who are poor divers

I thought the United fans were the ones booing him? They started the boos after he got Scholes booked.

What? As far as I know Scholes got himself booked, and it's not the first time he's made horrible tackles like that

Home of Barca Fans