Sergio Busquets

footyfan

Calma, calma
Well obviously they (Xavi,Iniesta,Messi) are also players in this team so their flaws are hidden just as much. Xavi's pace and tackling, Iniesta's physical weakness and defensive contributions, Messi's errors that are often costly - these are not stuff that we usually talk about and that's because of players like Busquets, the wingers (whoever they may be -Pedro, Sanchez etc.) and full-backs etc.

Edit: And they looked just as good when Yaya played instead of Busi. I'm not trying to ignite a war here (I think Busi is better for Barca than Yaya). But that's the whole point - that players are interchangeable to a certain degree. For example, we have played 2-3 Clasicos without Iniesta and still won all of them.

Last edited:

Maria

Messi's errors that are often costly - these are not stuff that we usually talk about and that's because of players like Busquets, the wingers (whoever they may be -Pedro, Sanchez etc.) and full-backs etc.

Messi losing the ball while trying to drible in the middle of the pitch is the thing that anoys me the most and it has cost us in the CL last year..

Edit: And they looked just as good when Yaya played instead of Busi. I'm not trying to ignite a war here (I think Busi is better for Barca than Yaya). But that's the whole point - that players are interchangeable to a certain degree. For example, we have played 2-3 Clasicos without Iniesta and still won all of them.

Yes but Yaya is the best after Busi..it's not the same with Song or Mascherano instead of them for example so it should mean something. But I guess I should have expected this..before he left Yaya was not better than Lass and now he's the best and Busi only looks good because of our system.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Messi losing the ball while trying to drible in the middle of the pitch is the thing that anoys me the most and it has cost us in the CL last year..

Same here. But he does succeed 99% of the time.

And to be fair to Real fans, they don't watch Barca as much as we do. And they also have a different style of play so they probably value different characteristics in players. At Barca, Yaya didn't show the same type of box-to-box/attacking play that he shows now at Man City. So maybe that's why their opinion changed??

Also, I hate Lass. (1) Every second tackle is a yellow card offence (2) He thinks he is Messi.

Maria

And to be fair to Real fans, they don't watch Barca as much as we do. And they also have a different style of play so they probably value different characteristics in players. At Barca, Yaya didn't show the same type of box-to-box/attacking play that he shows now at Man City. So maybe that's why their opinion changed??

Maybe..I'm just too sensitive when it comes to Busi, but it just anoys me that nobody notices that thanks to Pique DA or JA can atack so much, that Iniesta has a lot of games in the league where it looks like he doesn't care, that Xavi looks lost when the game is too fast paced, that Messi sometimes defends as much as I do or that we managed to win trophies even without Puyol(and I say this because when he will retire we won't win anything anymore aparently). And yes, many of our players look so good because the coach plays them to their strengths. But so does Juventus, MU, Bayern, BVB or any team that plays good football. It makes you wonder about some RM players though and how uncapable they look this season after many La Liga teams have changed their aproach and don't give them the same spaces like last season.

misterplatin

BOSS is our most important player.1st name on the team-sheet ahead of Messi and Valdes.No need to discuss further.I guess Pep,Tito and DelBosque also share the same views.
He should be the most respected and appreciated player in barca team.

misterplatin

Wherever Boss played he won everything.By everything I mean everything literally. No Messi,Xavi,Iniesta could win all that without Boss in the team be it National Team or Club.
Boss may never win a FIFA BallonDOr in his career but I will give him 100.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
BOSS is our most important player.1st name on the team-sheet ahead of Messi and Valdes.No need to discuss further.I guess Pep,Tito and DelBosque also share the same views.
He should be the most respected and appreciated player in barca team.

+1.

Wherever Boss played he won everything.By everything I mean everything literally. No Messi,Xavi,Iniesta could win all that without Boss in the team be it National Team or Club.
Boss may never win a FIFA BallonDOr in his career but I will give him 100.

That's a bit of a stretch considering we won all 6 trophies in 08/09 when Busquets wasn't the major player he is now.

Maybe..I'm just too sensitive when it comes to Busi, but it just anoys me that nobody notices that thanks to Pique DA or JA can atack so much, that Iniesta has a lot of games in the league where it looks like he doesn't care, that Xavi looks lost when the game is too fast paced, that Messi sometimes defends as much as I do or that we managed to win trophies even without Puyol(and I say this because when he will retire we won't win anything anymore aparently). And yes, many of our players look so good because the coach plays them to their strengths. But so does Juventus, MU, Bayern, BVB or any team that plays good football. It makes you wonder about some RM players though and how uncapable they look this season after many La Liga teams have changed their aproach and don't give them the same spaces like last season.

lol I agree with every word of this.

misterplatin

That's a bit of a stretch considering we won all 6 trophies in 08/09 when Busquets wasn't the major player he is now.
Should have said that he was the most important player for the trophies won by Spain and Barca in the last 3 years.I can't imagine the great defensive records of Spain or Barca without Busquets in the team. He loves the club so much and gives his all in each game.I have seen every payer having a bad day but not Busquets , because he fights for the team everytime he is on the pitch.

Leo10

Did you ever ask yourself why does he dribble in the middle? Because our midfielders Xavi, Iniesta, Busi have bad times where they struggle to produce anything effective.

For example the last game against Valladolid, the first Xavi goal, Messi came all the way back to the middle and started that tiki taka play that ended up in a goal.

Yes we lost the UCL last year because he dribbled in the middle :facepalm:

abual3bed1

You said "started that tiki taka" not started dribbling through everyone. Against Chelsea he lost the ball where he tried to dribble Lampard (?) when Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc were all waiting ahead of him for the ball. Happened other times this season, the latest being against Betis a couple of weeks ago.

It's a problem that been causing the team some easy goals. not saying he should stop dropping back and start things but just saying he should be careful in such area where losing the ball might cause a goal in most times.

Leo10

He is taking a risk, he will either dribble successfully, leave a defender or 2 behind, cause some chaos and create danger or lose the ball.

Losing a ball in midfield should not equal easy goals, you always have at least 3 guys behind him to stop the offense.

J

jiopi

And they said Messi thread was...

In the meantime, this is still Busquet's single biggest ownage

di-2ZQK.gif

khorne

So I decided to take a tour of some Rm forums to see where they stand in this Mou-RM issue and I visited their Busquets thread out of curiosity.. There I found out that "the current Barca squad can have so many mediocre players that slip under the radar due to Xavi-Iniesta-Pique-Puyol-Messi..a bit like how Pavon looked imperial when Hierro and Makelele was there, ditto Helguera."
I was mind blown and I decided that the cules arent so bad in the end..we only hate on our players. Though I must say that Iniesta and Pique must have some incredible powers if they made Busi look like our 2nd best player last season from the stands or the bench.

just out of curiosity, why was your mind blown by that? I call it a good day when real or any other fans for that matter grudgingly acknowledge the worth of messi or iniesta. fans, especially on the internet, are biased, unfair, selective and generally horrible creatures. look what people here say about ronaldo, he only scores penalties and tap ins, he's only athletic without skill, he's a choker, etc, while objectively the guy is an incredible, once in a generation football player. the real deal, the praise that matters comes from coaches and peers. if you feel bad about these fans, just look at the things pep or del bosque said about busi. that oughta cheer you up :;)

Home of Barca Fans