Sergio Busquets

GiantKiller

400th!! :wub::D

tumblr_mfuzz33UDe1r9pahco3_r1_250.gif

Sergio-Busquets-a-familiar-expression-in-this-match.jpg

DavidVillano1

His pass to Pedro the other night was brilliant, had that been Xavi/Messi/Iniesta we would still be hearing about it in the media.

Is there a more underrated player in the world just now? Deserves be in that 11 over Alonso.

Gripes me when I read people saying he wouldn't be anything outside Barcelona, doesn't do any defending or create any chances. Busquets is apparently just there to pass the ball to Xavi etc, then again the same people say Carrick is better lol.

His performance in the world cup final will always be the most underrated performance in a big final, he was fantastic.

Henry_IB

Banned
Loved reading some forums after the ballon'dor. So many commented on busquets being included into the top 23. So many calling him the most overrated player in football right now.

ivan22

Loved reading some forums after the ballon'dor. So many commented on busquets being included into the top 23. So many calling him the most overrated player in football right now.

not bad. from most underrated to most overrated in just a night. Impressive :pep:

khorne

i would put that down to genuine ignorance though. He is not your run of the mill hard man with flying tackles all over the place, so it takes a certain football sophistication to see his genius. Additionally, if you don't watch many matches from barca, the equation goes probably barca = messi goals and xaviniesta with the assists. So yeah, irritating but understandable in a way

Der Kaiser

He goes unnoticed because most people only watch the highlights of Barca matches. You see Messi netting in goals, Xavi and Iniesta making glorious defense splitting passes, but you dont see Busquets pulling the strings behind the majestic trio. He hardly does the final pass, but creates space with runs, one-twos, body feints and so on, but that doesnt get time on Sky News.

Whenever I read forums about him, even when ignoring the diving/acting jabbering, he still doesnt even get credit for the things he´s really good at, which is passing and creating space with runs. I´ve seen him called "lazy player, weak passer" and then "brilliant midfield destroyer" and I´m just thinking WOW, its actually the complete opposite.

I agree that if you put him on a more physical, counter attacking side, where his duties are more to break the opposition and make tackles all over the pitch, he´d be far less effective and just another solid DM, but in a possession oriented team with great passers in midfield, theres nobody better than him at the moment.

PearLBLacK

Banned

You cules tend to overrate him though. He deserves top-23, sure, but he's not as spectacular as he's made out to be. In other words, he's 100% critical for your system and for Xavi & Iniesta to perform as they do. But I don't think he'd fit as much in other gamestyles.

To quote a wide, stocky but not fat Milanista, Busquets is "underrated by most, overrated by Cules, but actually somewhere in between."

Home of Barca Fans