Sergio Busquets

Co0ter

He was not good .Maybe too much defensive burden on him :rolleyes:

More like not enough. He's been getting caught too far up this season and perhaps half of last season as well- and he doesn't have the speed to make up the ground either. He had a horrid game today regardless.

Stric

In general, Busquets should play deeper and put more emphasis on protecting the back four and less on getting involved up front. Especially considering how attack-minded our fullbacks are.

Irish_Cules

Does every player always need an excuse for a bad performance? Busquets had a bad game, big whoop. So did the rest of the team.

Ye but it's a bit worrying as his level has dropped recently after being one of our best performers all season. He is neglecting his defensive duties which is the last thing we need him doing right now. I'm sure he'll be back bossing soon though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ye but it's a bit worrying as his level has dropped recently after being one of our best performers all season. He is neglecting his defensive duties which is the last thing we need him doing right now. I'm sure he'll be back bossing soon though.

PSG just seems to be his curse or something :lol:

Unless the bad games actually become consistent, I would have no worries or complaints about Sergio

Irish_Cules

Apparently Busquets has a hernia. I don't know how it affects the rest of his season but he's out of the squad against Zaragoza. What's the lay off for an injury like this? Will he have an operation or play the rest of the season with discomfort?

Busquets injured now too? :(
Anyone know how long it should take for him to recover?

Edit: I haven't seen anything about Busquets' injury except on Barcastuff... and they didn't give a source either...

Last edited:
D

Don_Andrés

Busquets injured now too? :(
Anyone know how long it should take for him to recover?

He might have been playing with it for a while and it's got progressively worse. Depending how bad it is he could play wearing a pair of those baselayer type skin shorts.

Makes you wonder how many of the players have been playing with injuries recently?

Edit: It's mentioned on the Official Website, it described as a groin injury.

Y

Youngie

Well the only case I can see this being similar to is Drogba who had surgery for a hernia back in 2010. Here's what he said:

"It's difficult because it's only a week ago I had the surgery," said Drogba. "So I am far from being fit. It was a hernia. I first had it six years ago. For the last six years I have been struggling with it. I couldn't really work, it was difficult for me to play some games. I also had to miss training. Now I am happy because it has gone and I am more free. No more tensions in the abductors. It is really good for me. I am happy that I had [the operation]."

Playing pain-free for 30 minutes on Sunday proved something of a novel experience for the 32-year-old, certainly since he moved from France. "It was a strange feeling because sometimes last year I needed tablets to play," he said. "Now I am not even asking. I learnt how to play with [the injury]. I had to adapt my game to it, so now maybe I will have to change my game again. But I will feel more free in my movement."

Y

Youngie

70,000 hernia repair operations are carried out each year in the UK.

"Hernias in adults may arise as a result of the strain caused by excessive coughing or sneezing, lifting heavy weights or straining to produce a bowel movement:)D). A hernia may also develop due to being overweight or from scars from previous surgery. Or you may simply have an inherent weakness in the muscles in your abdomen."

Busquets has been playing very badly for the last 3-4 games. This may be (part of) the cause...

Edit: It's mentioned on the Official Website, it described as a groin injury.

Roura (assisant): "Hernia Busquets? At this time of the season, all players have some discomfort. Then you should see who better rests."

Home of Barca Fans