Sergio Busquets

kollegah

Well not like we won with him... Considering he is injured, I'm not sure it's even a loss if he won't play (No doubt fully fit he's better, but when he's injured, Song is a capable replacement).

busi is one of the 4 reasons, that we are what we are, shouldnt forget this

Barcilliant

We are unbeaten in 17 matches when Song has played. Won 15 drawn 2. I actually prefer Song over Busquets against physical teams. Last week both should have played. But Tito has no imagination and will keep playing 4-3-3.

JamDav1982

We are unbeaten in 17 matches when Song has played. Won 15 drawn 2. I actually prefer Song over Busquets against physical teams. Last week both should have played. But Tito has no imagination and will keep playing 4-3-3.

A large part of that stat is down to the fact Song has largely played against the poorer teams.

Under no circumstances is Song a better player than Busquets, regardless of how physical the opposition is.

There is an argument for them playing together in games such as Bayern away, when teams will take advantage of the two headless chicken full backs and destroy the midgets at set pieces.

Remember how people were saying that Song and/or Thiago/Cesc should start against Milan instead of Busquets and/or Xavi? We all know how that turned out :lol:

Song is nowhere near a fully fit Busquets (not downplaying Song, Busquets is just that good). Still, I'd definitely play him over Busquets if Busquets isn't fully fit.

Last edited:

kollegah

Remember how people were saying that Song and/or Thiago/Cesc should start against Milan instead of Busquets and/or Xavi? We all know how that turned out :lol:

Song is nowhere near a fully fit Busquets (not downplaying Song, Busquets is just that good). Still, I'd definitely play him over Busquets if Busquets isn't fully fit.

hipsters, because xavi messi iniesta are too mainstream

Garrus

Our chances of qualifying turned from very low to impossible, No player can do what Busquets does, Tomorrow you'll all see why.

Yannick03

Our chances of qualifying turned from very low to impossible, No player can do what Busquets does, Tomorrow you'll all see why.

I agree, Song is playing very good but he's no Busquets. Busi's accomplishments are easily overlooked when he's on the pitch but so painstakingly clear when he's missing. A genius in disguise.

Indignado

Sergio y Abidal, bajas contra el Bayern

Sergio Busquets y Eric Abidal no podrán disputar el partido ante el conjunto alemán.

El centrocampista catalán y el defensa francés se quedan fuera de una lista en la que entra Sergi Roberto

kishore680

They cut down threats by controlling busquets ,xavi . And messi was helpless and wasnt fit.But that way we didnt attack and didnt had more shots. Conceding goals is totally due to our vulnerability in corners . Bartra played big game leaving all games. Javi martinez was their best player with muller!. They r chokers but they wont choke so much i guess. we lack that hunger. we were poor against PSG too.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

:lol:

Like he was playing good for last couple of months.
Song actually played better than him lately and he's not even a DM.

But yeah, if we lose, it's because we are without Busi. Barca's "most important player" according to hipsters.

:lol:

Like he was playing good for last couple of months.
Song actually played better than him lately.

I think his poor form recently is related to his injury. Like I said before, I'd take a fully fit Busquets over Song any day, but I'd take Song over an injured/half-fit Busquets.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fully fit and old Busquets, yes. Unfortunately, Busquets has been playing below his standard for a long time now. Same is said for a lot of Barca players but somehow Busi always goes under the radar and gets no stick for anything.

Home of Barca Fans