Sergio Busquets

abual3bed1

Because his contribution is blown out of propotions. And besides being one of the worst divers in the game, he regularly makes blunder mistakes.

To put things in perspective, Barca had players who were originaly midfielders, like Toure and, before him, Cocu, both converted to play DMs here and were both brilliant.

So much for being so unique in his position. Nevermind being below average at defending.

And I didn't say Song was better. Generally, he isn't, eventhough you'll see him perform better.
But at least he should play more and not let Busquets stay too comfortable.

A bit harsh on Busquets, don't you think? Specially when he was really good last night.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Because his contribution is blown out of propotions. And besides being one of the worst divers in the game, he regularly makes blunder mistakes.

To put things in perspective, Barca had players who were originaly midfielders, like Toure and, before him, Cocu, both converted to play DMs here and were both brilliant.

So much for being so unique in his position. Nevermind being below average at defending.

And I didn't say Song was better. Generally, he isn't, eventhough you'll see him perform better.

lol you are never going to forgive sergio for pushing out yaya from FCB, right?
its really strange stimes how much you hate sergio and love pedro.

Cule4life

The Culest
He was good yesterday. But I think song should play more. Song is more physical and can be an asset against physical sides. He also better at attacking. He could also be used in a more advanced role

rixxer

Jesus, man. I can agree with two last sentences, but the firts ones are just rubbish. Still, everyone are entitled to his opinions, but there are some dark emotions behind this one. below average at defending? Really?

Paganinisrvnge

I still wonder if Pep would've used Song alongside Busquets in away matches in the CL to provide more defensive cover. Neither tito nor tata have experimented with this. Busquets intelligence and Songs physicality would be a brilliant combo and shield the defense.

numero

Pretty safe to say, you don't really understand Busi's game that much.

F

Flavia

Still the "Busquets a diver" stigma? I honestly haven't see him diving since the sad peekaboo incident. I also don't recall seeing "blunders" as often as you do. And Busquets not good at defending? That's really some grudge.
What I do see is Barça always playing worse when he's not the dm. Song has played well at times, but still far from Busquets' performances. Never saw him perform better than Busquets.

pEllee

Still the "Busquets a diver" stigma? I honestly haven't see him diving since the sad peekaboo incident. I also don't recall seeing "blunders" as often as you do. And Busquets not good at defending? That's really some grudge.
What I do see is Barça always playing worse when he's not the dm. Song has played well at times, but still far from Busquets' performances. Never saw him perform better than Busquets.

Is that some sort of joke? He still dives. Or let me guess, whenever he throws himself to ground screaming it wasn't a dive because "there was contact".

Look, Busquet is a brilliant player but he's a diver and there's no denying that. There's a reason why he thinks play-acting is clever. That's his philosophy, he doesn't care about being fair.

F

Flavia

Is that some sort of joke? He still dives. Or let me guess, whenever he throws himself to ground screaming it wasn't a dive because "there was contact".

Look, Busquet is a brilliant player but he's a diver and there's no denying that. There's a reason why he thinks play-acting is clever. That's his philosophy, he doesn't care about being fair.
I never talked to him or saw an interview with him talking about his philosophy, so I really don't know what's his. He gets kicked a lot every game, and he milks it, never said he doesn't. But dive, that it is to go to the ground without contact, to try to fool the ref, I haven't seen him doing.

pEllee

I never talked to him or saw an interview with him talking about his philosophy, so I really don't know what's his. He gets kicked a lot every game, and he milks it, never said he doesn't. But dive, that it is to go to the ground without contact, to try to fool the ref, I haven't seen him doing.

Not true. Milks it, yes, at times, at other times it's just pure diving. Whenever he has problems with physical opponents, he goes to ground easy. Yes, there's contact but it's still not a foul. If he goes to ground, rolls around, grabs his leg and screams in an attempt to win a freekick and have the opponent booked, is that still not a dive? If he doesn't win the freekick, he stands up one second later...

If you can't see this then it's pointless to have this discussion.

F

Flavia

Not true. Milks it, yes, at times, at other times it's just pure diving. Whenever he has problems with physical opponents, he goes to ground easy. Yes, there's contact but it's still not a foul. If he goes to ground, rolls around, grabs his leg and screams in an attempt to win a freekick and have the opponent booked, is that still not a dive? If he doesn't win the freekick, he stands up one second later...

If you can't see this then it's pointless to have this discussion.
I need you to post an example of him falling without being fouled. I know what a dive is, and I really don't recall him doing it recently. Also, diving is different of going down easily. If you cannot teel the two apart is also pointless to discuss it. Football is a contact sport and not all contact is a foul, but diving is easy to spot. And Busquets has cut it down, he didnt dive last night.

oz187

Busi was awesome against Milan. The one player that didn't seem to shit his pants knowing he was playing in the San Siro.

Pepe Silvia

Busquets' heroic tackle on defense to cover Alves was out of this world. I do agree with those who want to see Song rotated in more. I think for the morale of the team and to keep things fresh more than anything. Song is a quality player and all of the players need to contribute if we are to be competing in the later stages of the season. Tata is either gonna put his money where his mouth is and rotate Song in this weekend, along with Bartra, or he will end up looking like Tito saying one thing and doing another.

Home of Barca Fans