Sergio Busquets

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
He has been much better than Yaya this season. Yaya has had maximal 2-3 games that were really good while Busquets has been consistent throughout the season, I mean, even Del Bosque called him up.

He needs to stop thinking that he's Messi though. Stop, dribbling, you asshole.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I don't have anything against him diving but if he does it good. The opposite players are not allowed to have pistols u know ^^

barca96

He has been much better than Yaya this season. Yaya has had maximal 2-3 games that were really good while Busquets has been consistent throughout the season, I mean, even Del Bosque called him up.

He needs to stop thinking that he's Messi though. Stop, dribbling, you asshole.

are you serious?
how many times has yaya had the opportunity to play 4-5 matches in a row to get in-form.
busi has made too many mistakes in the beginning and just because he didn't make any obvious mistakes that we are accustomed to, doesn't mean he is good.
he doesn't offer us anything special like yaya does.

samg85

are you serious?
how many times has yaya had the opportunity to play 4-5 matches in a row to get in-form.
busi has made too many mistakes in the beginning and just because he didn't make any obvious mistakes that we are accustomed to, doesn't mean he is good.
he doesn't offer us anything special like yaya does.

Haha, so true man. Busquets has played 39 games altogether La Liga, Cup, UCL, and the other cup competition like World Club Cup. Toure only 24 games, most of which were UCL and Cup games. He has 14 liga games but most of them were as a sub. He also left for Africa, so he really hasn't had played games consecutively.

Barcilliant

If he head the ball back to Valdes he should be fined a months wages-he has cost us at least 2-3 silly goals this season by doing that. He may be good in the future but Yaya is better at the moment and should be starting majority of games.

barca96

If he head the ball back to Valdes he should be fined a months wages-he has cost us at least 2-3 silly goals this season by doing that. He may be good in the future but Yaya is better at the moment and should be starting majority of games.

exactly.
i mean, if you're a coach, you think about today, tomorrow, not next season or the season after. as in the case with busi, he might turn out better than yaya next season or many years after that, but why wanna think so far ahead when we have trophies to defend.
NOW, pep needs to play the best player, not a talent for future.

desoe

exactly.
i mean, if you're a coach, you think about today, tomorrow, not next season or the season after. as in the case with busi, he might turn out better than yaya next season or many years after that, but why wanna think so far ahead when we have trophies to defend.

Just for the record - Sergio is a Spain national player now, probably going to the WC this summer.

This should mean that he's already something more than a "talent for the future".

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Are you still raving about Yaya is better at the moment?

(I added at the moment or it is going to be too much)

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
exactly.

Just for the record - Sergio is a Spain national player now, probably going to the WC this summer.

This should mean that he's already something more than a "talent for the future".

Of course, imo he's a great player and he's still young. I'm happy he's in Barca and he will probably only get better. But the reason he's playing for the Spanish national team is because good DM's are scarce - the Spanish NT have the best players on almost all positions, but Senna is getting old and Busquets is the second best option. So it's not fair to compare his qulities to the rest of the Spanish NT or the best DM's. He still has a long way to go, he has to be more consisten because atm he's a rollercoaster.

Sergi has never cost us any points

Actually he's costed us at least 2 points this season. But it's difficult to say if Yaya would have done it better - I mean if we would have those extra points if Yaya played instead of Busquets.

ZIG-ZAG-ZIG

Sergi has never cost us any points

True..but he makes the team work harder to cover his deficiences which have nothing to do with form. Every 50/50 challenge he always seems to get "hurt" and roll around..secondly, whenever he gets the ball his initial instinct is a square pass or a step back...I know his job is to shield the back 4 but he doesn't have the physical capability or positional awareness to do a world-class job...I think Yaya justs adds greater depth( in terms of being a utility player) and balance to the team.

Also, look at other defensive midfielders all round capabilities and the differences with Sergi become alarming....Senna, Xabi Alonso, Maschareno, Essien...etc...
"stand-up-with-Jah!"

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
are-you-not-entertained.jpg

end of discussion.

Home of Barca Fans