Sergio Busquets

Zangash

Banned
I would have loved to see Samper and Busquets together at some point but I think every chance Samper gets from now on is to bench Busquets

Samper is going to have to play CM. A player similar to Xavi is desperately needed and the word "Bench" and "Busquets" do not belong in the same sentence, at any time. If the system doesn't work with him in it that means there's something wrong with the system (As there very clearly is, by the way).

Andrew M

People suddenly saying Busquets is average due to the decline of Xavi-Iniesta are emphatically wrong.

Have you not watched Iniesta this year? He is playing like an absolute muppet too.

This is a team-wide malaise.

F

Flavia

People suddenly saying Busquets is average due to the decline of Xavi-Iniesta are emphatically wrong.

Have you not watched Iniesta this year? He is playing like an absolute muppet too.

This is a team-wide malaise.

He has physical problems. The club is denying it's affecting him, said he is doing precautionary exercises, but it's pretty obvious.

Andrew M

He has physical problems. The club is denying it's affecting him, said he is doing precautionary exercises, but it's pretty obvious.

Indeed, but I was referring to the people saying that he was our Ringo Starr.

As in lucky to have been in a band with Lennon-McCartney

Zangash

Banned
Probably should have made the move to Bayern. His qualities are of very little use in this system.

The qualities of any real DM would be of little use when they're literally the only midfielder actually operating in the midfield. If you think Mascherano would be performing better in a system that forces our midfielders wide to cover for mindlessly attacking fullbacks you're going to be in for a surprise.

PP10822

Watching the game yesterday I saw that it's not Busquets that's the problem. The tactical positioning of the 2 other CM's were very poor. Neither dropped deeper to start an attack and allow Busi to play his trademark passes between the lines, they were 40-50yards away and man marked. So what happens is either Busi or Masch are forced into playing a long diagonal, resulting in losing possession and the CM's and fullbacks being too far up the pitch to contribute defensively leaving Busi doing a ridiculous amount of physical work. This system is not only very poor but it really doesn't play to Busi's strengths, it's actually the complete opposite to get the best out of him. Solution: Have Rakitic and Iniesta drop about 15 yards deeper into space a la Xavi when starting an attack to give more balance and have more dynamic movement from Neymar and Suarez ie diagonal runs that will open up space

BusiTheKing

The qualities of any real DM would be of little use when they're literally the only midfielder actually operating in the midfield. If you think Mascherano would be performing better in a system that forces our midfielders wide to cover for mindlessly attacking fullbacks you're going to be in for a surprise.

I don't think that.

PP10822

+1

Truthist

I agree the tactics are clearly effecting his performances but if you move like a turtle you are asking for trouble the moment your team gets counter attacked. You can only get away with it without a security guard for so long.

Zangash

Banned
I agree the tactics are clearly effecting his performances but if you move like a turtle you are asking for trouble the moment your team gets counter attacked. You can only get away with it without a security guard for so long.

Lightning counters have always been a problem for us, and just sticking someone who is faster than Busquets in the CDM role will solve absolutely nothing under Lucho's current tactical setup.

Truthist

Lightning counters have always been a problem for us, and just sticking someone who is faster than Busquets in the CDM role will solve absolutely nothing under Lucho's current tactical setup.

It probably won't but it would save us the embarrassment of watching him trying to run back with one of the opposition attackers. It's a mismatch if ever there was one.

Zangash

Banned
It probably won't but it would save us the embarrassment of watching him trying to run back with one of the opposition attackers. It's a mismatch if ever there was one.

The way we play should put an emphasis on preventing such counters from happening. It doesn't matter if you get "Embarrassed" by seeing him run, the outcome would be the same no matter who you put there, and forcing our CDM to constantly make sprints because he has no midfield support will just mean that by the second half we won't even have a CDM capable of making those runs.

You don't even have a point. You just dislike that he's slow.

Truthist

The way we play should put an emphasis on preventing such counters from happening. It doesn't matter if you get "Embarrassed" by seeing him run, the outcome would be the same no matter who you put there, and forcing our CDM to constantly make sprints because he has no midfield support will just mean that by the second half we won't even have a CDM capable of making those runs.

You don't even have a point. You just dislike that he's slow.

I have a point, it may be different to yours but it's clearly there. His lack of pace is very worrying, he offers little to no protection to the defence and can only play at a good level if the other midfielders baby sit him.

Home of Barca Fans