Sergio Busquets

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yesterday's game once again showed to me why Masch should not displace Busquets at DM for Barca. His distribution was so goddamn slow, just like in the World Cup. And no adventurous forward passes except for pointless ones to the wing.

Masche is not the answer to replace Busquets (whether it's because of injury, suspension, or lack of form). Samper should get minutes against Levante. And we should pursue Ruben Neves for next January.

barcanuck

He needs to get the Pique treatment. It'll let him rest and get his head back in the game. He definitely needs to take care of that hernia in the summer as well.

We should look to give Samper some minutes in the game against Levante.

Exactly he needs to fucking sit sometimes. 1 interceptions, 0 tackles, 0 clearances, 41 passes @ 87%. He was just a pedestrian out there at home vs Villareal. Not earning his minutes there.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yesterday's game once again showed to me why Masch should not displace Busquets at DM for Barca. His distribution was so goddamn slow, just like in the World Cup. And no adventurous forward passes except for pointless ones to the wing.

As soon as Masche switched to DM the team and I was less nervous. Slow distribution? Maybe, I didn't really notice - but of course an on form Busi will be a better fit. Problem is that Busi has not really been on 100% form for almost 2 seasons now. And you mention the WC, well imo Masch was Argentinas second best player after Messi by a large margin and would walk straight into my WC top 11 - I have a feeling many would agree with me. There's no 100% players out there, except Messi - Masch is freaking amazing both at CB and DM at the moment. Instead of giving him sh*t we should be thankful for his fantastic contribution since the WC, simply amazing and overall our best player this season after Messi imho (Neymar has also been fantastic).

Alik

As soon as Masche switched to DM the team and I was less nervous. Slow distribution? Maybe, I didn't really notice - but of course an on form Busi will be a better fit. Problem is that Busi has not really been on 100% form for almost 2 seasons now. And you mention the WC, well imo Masch was Argentinas second best player after Messi by a large margin and would walk straight into my WC top 11 - I have a feeling many would agree with me. There's no 100% players out there, except Messi - Masch is freaking amazing both at CB and DM at the moment. Instead of giving him sh*t we should be thankful for his fantastic contribution since the WC, simply amazing and overall our best player this season after Messi imho (Neymar has also been fantastic).

+1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sergio was pep's invention but I feel if pep was here he would put a boot up Sergio's ass.
He was alergic to cronic complacency.

barcanuck

Sergio was pep's invention but I feel if pep was here he would put a boot up Sergio's ass.
He was alergic to cronic complacency.

Like someone said he just needs the Pique treatment. Obviously he is a school boy and not a diva like Pique off the field so it's really hard to bench him since he's a nice quiet guy.

CuleLife4Life

As much as I'm a Xavi-Busi-Iniesta romantic, its time he familiarizes himself with the bench for a while. I hope Lucho sees Samper as a player he can give an opportunity to.

FC B

Heard he's getting a raise? Lol, like he earned it.

It was rumoured the raise would go as up to €10 mil / season and ofc it would come with the extension of his contract :facepalm:

I'm really worried of how the midfield would look vs. strong clubs that spend houndreds of millions per year like rm who will probably get Pogba for a new stratospherical transfer fee for a midfielder...

F

Flavia

He was very good today, brain fart for athletic's 2nd apart:

B9WrD4rIMAEYlVs.jpg

More like him. Still has to improve his "cuteness".

EdmondDantes

He, like Pique, is getting back to his best. And we all know when Sergio is at his best there is no other player that fits in our midfield better than him. Great game.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He was amazing today, very very good. Now please don't be inconsistent continue like this and you will retain the best DM title in no time.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans