Sergio Busquets

dakt

Take Messi's yellow for dangerous play against Atletico the other week. It didn't matter if Moya fell down clutching his face (as he did) or if he didn't react at all, the rules were broken, so the card was given. No question about that penalty.

True that.

Pepe Silvia

Ah yes, it was clear penalty. I was looking at torso area, not at foot where Godin kicked him. Busquets almost going down before didn't help his case for me at first but it was clearly a penal.

CatalinR10

Juanfran was going for the ball and Busi was not in clear scoring position.

so.....by your logic , if you are on the edge of the penalty box and sudenly 5 atletico players start stomping on you ,beating the living shit out of you , it can't be given a penalty because you couldn't score in the first place ? :eusa_think:

Pepe Silvia

so.....by your logic , if you are on the edge of the penalty box and sudenly 5 atletico players start stomping on you ,beating the living shit out of you , it can't be given a penalty because you couldn't score in the first place ? :eusa_think:
You're much more understandable with gifs. :)

dakt

You are pulling extremes here and it's not what I said. Given that specific situation, I wouldn't call for pen. It was "regular" leg work in very chaotic and crowded area which can be seen many times on every game without being called penalty.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Busquets was kicked and fouled, absolutely. However you can't deny there were elements of play acting in the manner which he fell, too dramatic.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You are pulling extremes here and it's not what I said. Given that specific situation, I wouldn't call for pen. It was "regular" leg work in very chaotic and crowded area which can be seen many times on every game without being called penalty.

You said previously "technically it is a foul", so I don't know what you are trying to say... A foul is a foul regardless of its intensity, and if it happens inside the box it's a penalty, there's no other way around it...

If you are arguing that Busi milked the contact, I agree, but that doesn't make it any less of a penalty...

Zangash

Banned
I'm just shocked he got the call. Willing to bet if that was Suarez he wouldn't even get a second thought.

Suarez kind of has a reputation of being a diving sack of shit, though. Even in that very game. The ref would have probably imagined Suarez didn't get kicked at all.

FC B

Suarez kind of has a reputation of being a diving sack of shit, though. Even in that very game. The ref would have probably imagined Suarez didn't get kicked at all.

Well Cristiano Penaldo's huge aura as a professional pool diver pretty much never doesn't prevent refs giving him penaldos...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Was nowhere to be seen while Atleti attacked us in 1st half. And he's supposed to be there first.
Sorry, but it's hard to overlook his blatant laziness.

Home of Barca Fans