Sergio Busquets

snowy

He's in a bad form, but rewatching the highlights of some of the games, he has an enormous amount of space to cover with the way we're playing right now.

Putting Mascherano there wouldn't solve anything as he's even worse than Busquets under pressure as a CDM, and with the opposition pressing him and the amount of space he'd have to cover, even he would struggle big time.

Makes sense. Busi's passing success rate in the Man. City defeat was 92% [57 accurate passes out of a total of 62]. Only Raki had a better rate at 93% [25 s. passes out of 27]. Busi's prob was speed and movement off the ball. Raki as a Stopper/Defensive Sweeper would secure the back and provide more options for faster tempo/shorter passes tactics. Game would be tighter, easier to build from the back and more cohesive :nuke:
edit: Denis Suarez could sub with Gomes and Rafi could swap with Bob to further confuse every1 and their pet chihuahua :harp:
Barca_vs_Sevilla.png

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Trying to do suicidal things on the edge of your own box is putting too much pressure on the back four and the keeper which he seems to do every game.

Get him out of there, he is a liability.

That wasn't what I meant, I can see he's doing that nearly every game but that is because our midfield isn't functioning right. If we controlled the game like we usually do we wouldn't have that problem.

gasgas

Makes sense. Busi's passing success rate in the Man. City defeat was 92% [57 accurate passes out of a total of 62]. Only Raki had a better rate at 93% [25 s. passes out of 27]. Busi's prob was speed and movement off the ball. Raki as a Stopper/Defensive Sweeper would secure the back and provide more options for faster tempo/shorter passes tactics. Game would be tighter, easier to build from the back and more cohesive :nuke:
edit: Denis Suarez could sub with Gomes and Rafi could swap wih Bob to further confuse every1 and their pet chihuahua :
Barca_vs_Sevilla.png

You prob ably meant one of these
Gomes at LB :rofl1:
2 man backline :rofl1:
Rakitic atBusi's role
Busi at Raki's role
Gomes as wingback :rofl1:

snowy

Alas my genius formation will never see the light of day but still, I'm a lookin and I'm a likin :alveshat:

and ... as déjà vu p.s. -->
yaiiii post 222!!! I love repdigits :D

Last edited:

snowy

Man, even on FIFA this would never works.

LOL

That's cuz the software is not advanced enuff 2 match my GENIUS :lucho:

Not a standard back 4 but Gomes & Sergi could drop back when pressed making it a strong 5. Key is to get the ball to MSN + Rafi and this one could do it. Defo need to position Busi further up field. He's just too much of a liability anywhere near the goal. If he gets intercepted upfront, there's still Raki to provide support. + with Gomes (Denis)/Sergi & Ney/Rafi, he'll have plenty of lateral passing options in addition to his passes to Leo between the gaps.
Really think it could work! (not trolling)
imo we need to force the attack big time specially against a fast tempo/high pressing team like Sevilla. If we don't dominate and keep the ball on their side, it's gonna be a tough bout :hurt:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah, [MENTION=21486]snowy[/MENTION], that's insane... We're getting wrecked by counters as it is now, with that lineup we would need to score 10 goals every game if we want to win...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Could have cost us with his bad pass but what I did like is I saw him press more up the pitch. I can't be the only one who noticed it?

Home of Barca Fans