Sergio Busquets

Kuchi

Sloppy passes, loses possession way more than before... well i believe he will snap back once Pique and Iniesta make their returns, Iniesta will slap the hell out of him for that and by slap i mean give him a passive look of disappointment.

What i notice more and more is how easy he gets eliminated during the opponent build up phase, either people just cruise past him or he gets in positions where a simple 1-2 means he's out. He's going for interceptions, misses them and than opponents get space, when he should just retreat and try to contain, untill Raki or Bob also can help. He used to judge this type of situations so well, it might be lack of physical sharpness that causes this type of all of nothing attempts...

anyway might be just my impressions after his last couple of games

Messi983

Could have cost us with his bad pass but what I did like is I saw him press more up the pitch. I can't be the only one who noticed it?

Nope. Busquets and Suarez good pressing also helped us to dispossesed Carrico (or was it Rami?) to start the counter for second goal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Could have cost us with his bad pass but what I did like is I saw him press more up the pitch. I can't be the only one who noticed it?

He used to press high in the treble-winning season, I don't know why Lucho dropped it. He even used to press the opposition GK.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I saw something yesterday that I had previously failed to notice. We are playing way too close to our own box. Our defensive line used to be in the half way circle 75% of the time but not we are mostly at the edge of our own box passing between Ter Stegen and the CBs. Dunno what Lucho is trying to do

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I saw something yesterday that I had previously failed to notice. We are playing way too close to our own box. Our defensive line used to be in the half way circle 75% of the time but not we are mostly at the edge of our own box passing between Ter Stegen and the CBs. Dunno what Lucho is trying to do

I think that is because we couldn't counter Sevilla's pressing and we were all over the pitch standing too far away from one another, the defenders and Busquets did not feel confident enough to pass the ball forward, therefore they had no choice but to keep playing around our own box among the defenders and Ter Stegen and sometimes attempting those risky passes like what we saw from Bob in the City game. In my opinion Luis Enrique just doesn't have a plan to counter that except for waiting the opponents to wane out physically in the second half.

Behrox

I think that is because we couldn't counter Sevilla's pressing and we were all over the pitch standing too far away from one another, the defenders and Busquets did not feel confident enough to pass the ball forward, therefore they had no choice but to keep playing around our own box among the defenders and Ter Stegen and sometimes attempting those risky passes like what we saw from Bob in the City game. In my opinion Luis Enrique just doesn't have a plan to counter that except for waiting the opponents to wane out physically in the second half.

no, watching the replays, it has been happening a lot this season. This has put alot of unnecessary pressure on the defense that they are not used to. Any single mistake like that pass from Sergi results in too fast a attack on us. When we are further out, MaTS has more time to make himself big for the oncoming attacker and Umtiti and Roberto will have more a chance to be able to chase them. Not to mention this leaves very little space for the opposition to pass in pressing them into a small area

Ritchie

He needs a break but Lucho won't give him one.

Physically and mentally he looks spent.

It's what happens when you don't give players adequate rest and leave them without cover and no competition for their place. Alba and Alves got sloppy for the same reason and we're seeing it with Neymar and Suarez.

Messi is the exception, but he doesn't need to cover the ground Busquets does.

Barcilliant

It is because our midfield sucks. Our midfield can't exert ANY control whatsoever. With Iniesta we are much better but even he isn't Xavi or Verratti.

Gomes could in the future play a bigger role but the midfield is a mess now.

mark1nhu

It is because our midfield sucks. Our midfield can't exert ANY control whatsoever. With Iniesta we are much better but even he isn't Xavi or Verratti.

I honestly think the problems does not rely on players, but actually on how we (Lucho) are using them and instructing them.

I am pretty sure Busquets, Raki/Gomes and a third MF can keep possession and move ball forward very decently in the correct system, getting help from Alba/Digne, Roberto, Messi and Neymar.

Behrox

most teams would kill for our midfield. I don't get people bringing up the midfield as a problem again and again. By this logic only 3 teams in the world should be able to have any concept of control in the midfield. I call BS

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
most teams would kill for our midfield. I don't get people bringing up the midfield as a problem again and again. By this logic only 3 teams in the world should be able to have any concept of control in the midfield. I call BS

It's not necessarily the players people complain about, but the tactics and setup used for those players...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Our midfield has been struggling for a long time. On paper we have a really strong midfield but in reality out of the top three teams in the world (us, Real Madrid and Bayern) I'd argue we have the weakest midfield.

Our midfielders are by no means bad players, not at all, they care very capable. I still think it is tactics that made it so.

Behrox

Our midfield has been struggling for a long time. On paper we have a really strong midfield but in reality out of the top three teams in the world (us, Real Madrid and Bayern) I'd argue we have the weakest midfield.

Our midfielders are by no means bad players, not at all, they care very capable. I still think it is tactics that made it so.

Since tactics are the problem, shouldn't we be looking at that instead of saying X can't control shit after every match

Home of Barca Fans