Sergio Busquets

Birdy

If Busquets continues to play as a starter, I'll be curious how Xavi will cope with his defensive weaknesses.

What is it with Busi that he charms the managers? Even likes of fitness-freak Lucho plays him over Rodri. :lol:

His ability to find the right pass between the lines of course, which is crucial in any build-up

However, his weaknesses are magnified in the football of 2021, and he gets exposed easily.

I wouldn't pay so much attention to what happens at NT level. It's substantially below club level, let alone top club level

Gnidrologist

If he says as the only sure starter amigo it may turn out fine. With Xavi the whole team will probably play more active at ball retention so it may compensate for his inability to track back. Sure hope Pique, Alba and Roberto are on the way out.

JamDav1982

If Busquets continues to play as a starter, I'll be curious how Xavi will cope with his defensive weaknesses.

What is it with Busi that he charms the managers? Even likes of fitness-freak Lucho plays him over Rodri. :lol:

There is no real other way to try and cover for it bar having the ball more and issue then is trying to stop teams hitting on break as Busi is a lame duck trying to defend that and just charges out of position to try and win ball early than be exposed for pace.

mc_lovin

Probably because he's still a pretty good player? I know, shocking assumption.

For Spain it helps that he's their only (defensive) weakness. We should get definitely there as well, but it's hard to say with our financial situation and an older Busquets when we can actually act.

serghei

There is no real other way to try and cover for it bar having the ball more and issue then is trying to stop teams hitting on break as Busi is a lame duck trying to defend that and just charges out of position to try and win ball early than be exposed for pace.

But then if you worry about Busi's defensive issues, it means you will automatically play it safe with the ball, at least more than you'd like. This is the shit that leads to 70% possession and a measly 2 shots on target. Having to worry about losing the ball too much once you have it. Just eliminate the problem and take more risk in possession as a result, because you are better equipped to deal with turnovers in this way.

Yea you might lose a bit of control, but you gain a lot in upping the speed and pace of the game and in transitions.

M3ls

We saw what happened to the team when Busquets left the field.

But the idiots keep saying that they want to see De Jong in the role of 6 in the system 4 - 3 - 3.

Horatio

You're welcome
Slight W for Bobo. I think we suffered after he came off. But will cost against better opposition. Espanyol was bad.

Also getting tired of his soulless post-game interviews. Doesn't have an opinion about anything just saying what he thinks needs to say.

Bobo32

Does he tuck his shirt? Never bothered checking, but it might be important!

If he was injured, then there is nothing to do. I was also waiting to watch Puig, so it was an OK sub to make if Busquets needed out. But I'd prefer Frenkie to go, the way the game was tbh.

Home of Barca Fans