Sergio Busquets

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Yet another keyboard warrior who believes that he knows more about football than Xavi .., one of the greatest ever footballers .

It is a funny old world

I didn't claim to know more about football than Xavi. Busi fits Xavi's idea of football and is also his friend. It is simple. This does not make Busi suddenly good again. It's 2022, not 2011. Not even 2015.

BusiTheKing

Low intensity, little press from the opponent, lots of time and space.

We won't play many games that suit him as well as this one did and he still embarrassed himself.

Bobo32

Played two GREAT passes today that are overlooked here and were overlooked in the chat room. The most creative and most difficult and best timed passes of the game, probably.
He was well positioned and circulated the ball well for most of the game, as per usual. He was 100% to blame for the first goal of course, misjudged which is the most rare thing for him to do. A couple of stinking passes of course too, and one or two bad challenges or decisions defensively.

I guess everyone needs a scapegoat, and Busquets is the easy one for a lot of you here. He will be very missed when he is gone.

Bobo32

Yet another keyboard warrior who believes that he knows more about football than Xavi .., one of the greatest ever footballers .

It is a funny old world

Even Xavi is of course a human with faults.
I agree that playing Busquets is not one of his flaws, but I do not think your argument here is very strong. As someone pointed out, Xavi also plays Dembele and Depay every chance he gets, for example...

Porque

His game was decent apart from the two times caught in possession- one leading to a goal, the other shoudl have been 4-2.

I think that is the limit he has always played at over the past years.

Sorin

His game was decent apart from the two times caught in possession- one leading to a goal, the other shoudl have been 4-2.

I think that is the limit he has always played at over the past years.

Benzema was all alone at the top of our box for their second goal. That's the area where the DM should defend. He was caught up once again in that instance.

For their third goal he followed a dead end and bombed forward, leaving an ocean of space behind him once again.

He was responsible or partially responsible for all the goals RM scored.

Last edited:

Bobo32

He was responsible or partially responsible for all the goals RM scored.

I'll have to check them again to see what he did wrong there.
3 goals in 120 minutes was less than most predicted from this game beforehand. Busquets handled "future balon d'or winner" Vinicius well on his own a couple of times too.

I made an earlier post about Busquets performance today ITT.

Sorin

I'll have to check them again to see what he did wrong there.
3 goals in 120 minutes was less than most predicted from this game beforehand. Busquets handled "future balon d'or winner" Vinicius well on his own a couple of times too.

I made an earlier post about Busquets performance today ITT.

Be my guest.

He made some interception towards the end of the match but being caught sleeping or barely blocking anything on their goals is the biggest reason we lost today.

Home of Barca Fans