Sergio Busquets

malvolio

Yeah, I am not so sure about this anymore.

Our previous board fucked up our transfer policy quite biblically. Now we added pace/verticality upfront+Araujo developed nicely in the last few month and suddenly our seniors don't look so terrible. Why couldn't we get a physical player next to Pique instead of freaking Lenglet sooner? Why didn't we go for pacy forwards? It puzzles me.

The biggest victims of Barto are 100% our veterans.

Said it time and again. And this is not some excuse, just facts.

Barto tried but signings weren't good enough. Digne, Todibo, Mina, Lenglet(not so bad initially), Umtiti(was good but unlucky with that injury), Arda, Gomes Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele, Paulinho, Vidal, Alcacer, Semedo etc

Lots and lots of money spent but quality wasn't there. If we got lucky with at least 2-3 of those turning out world class or at least very good, then we would have been fine.

Rory

He's playing well in the games the team have all played well in. I think these games have all been perfect match ups for what this barca is though. A poor valencia with a non-existent midfield. Bilbao without the option of I?aki Williams, and Munian. Napoli we still conceded 2 goals but overall it was a great game.

Busquets can play well at this level (is this actually a high level?) given the right tactical setup from us but also from our opponents. If these teams ran their midfield better and had pressed it would have been a different story.

Zidane82

Not true according to you and a few others though. Apparently Busquets has been magnificent all season and yet as a team we haven?t been. Too easy

I have not said he has been magnificent all season but he has not been to blame for all our troubles as the rest of you seem to think

Rory

I have not said he has been magnificent all season but he has not been to blame for all our troubles as the rest of you seem to think

Not too sure on this one. After any game we've lost/drew and played poorly if people are posting in this thread mentioning how busquets contributed to the loss it's usually met with resistance from you and others. As if Busquets was the only one playing well and it was everyone else's fault. Unless I'm mixing you up with others.

Don't think anyone has said Busquets is to blame for all our troubles. Good straw man though. He's been one of many problems when facing pressing teams with legs in the middle of the park. Plenty other culprits to choose speak of too.

Zidane82

Not too sure on this one. After any game we've lost/drew and played poorly if people are posting in this thread mentioning how busquets contributed to the loss it's usually met with resistance from you and others. As if Busquets was the only one playing well and it was everyone else's fault. Unless I'm mixing you up with others.

Don't think anyone has said Busquets is to blame for all our troubles. Good straw man though. He's been one of many problems when facing pressing teams with legs in the middle of the park. Plenty other culprits to choose speak of too.

Busqs gets slaughtered after every game if he just makes one bad pass

Home of Barca Fans