Sergio Busquets

serghei

Some chatter that he is interested in going to MLS "when time is right". With Inter Miami being interested.

Tbh, considering Xavi did the same himelf, and Iniesta the same, I expect him to talk to the seniors about the future as they get 35. 35 is kind of the end age for high level for 90% of the footballers.

khaled_a_d

Tbh, considering Xavi did the same himelf, and Iniesta the same, I expect him to talk to the seniors about the future as they get 35. 35 is kind of the end age for high level for 90% of the footballers.

Don't think it is Xavi decision here, he is close to Busquets and the guy just brought back Alves and pushing for Roberto renewal. If anything it is the one area I am not sure I trust Xavi at currently.
But older players in general gets tired and wants less effort, no matter their work ethic. Busquets wasn't offered renewal yet.
Pique OTOH was known to think about retirement before Xavi arrived.
Will be interesting to see, I still expect Busquets to fulfil his contract.

serghei

Don't think it is Xavi decision here, he is close to Busquets and the guy just brought back Alves and pushing for Roberto renewal. If anything it is the one area I am not sure I trust Xavi at currently.
But older players in general gets tired and wants less effort, no matter their work ethic. Busquets wasn't offered renewal yet.
Pique OTOH was known to think about retirement before Xavi arrived.
Will be interesting to see, I still expect Busquets to fulfil his contract.

I trust Xavi, and I disagree with your position that he is or was chief amigo. Seeing Busi subbed is not something I'm used to. And he did it. And will probably do it again, as he knows that the future of this team will not include either Pique, Busi, Alves, or even Alba.

I think if we had a solid CB and not soft & blunder-prone Garcia, we'd see Pique subbed/rested or whatever you wanna call it too.

My main complaint about Xavi is he hasn't pushed for Stegen to be replaced. That arrogant Neuer wannabe is costing him points and results. Sooner or later, he needs to cut off the rotten apple if he wants to improve the team on all possible levels. Isn't Onana a free agent in the summer? We should be all over that.

Overall, I think Xavi is a lot grittier and has a bolder personality than being given credit for. And it shows off at times.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I trust Xavi, and I disagree with your position that he is or was chief amigo. Seeing Busi subbed is not something I'm used to. And he did it. And will probably do it again.

I think if we had a solid CB and not soft & blunder-prone Garcia, we'd see Pique subbed/rested or whatever you wanna call it too.

Busquets was subbed more with Koeman mate.
And it isn't related to Xavi being chef amigo btw. He has inclination toward the veteran which is natural to most coaches who wants to win.
Also, Xavi won't tell a player to get out, not a club legend. What he will do is tell them what is their situation in the squad, and whether or not they are counted on as a starter.
Same as he was treated under Lucho, it isn't bad thing in itself.

tbqh I don't think Xavi is here for long term plan, he wants to win asap and the same is right for the board and they know that no major trophy next year will put huge pressure on the club. It is already reported that he promised Laporta trophies next year

serghei

Busquets was subbed more with Koeman mate.
And it isn't related to Xavi being chef amigo btw. He has inclination toward the veteran which is natural to most coaches who wants to win.
Also, Xavi won't tell a player to get out, not a club legend. What he will do is tell them what is their situation in the squad, and whether or not they are counted on as a starter.
Same as he was treated under Lucho, it isn't bad thing in itself.

tbqh I don't think Xavi is here for long term plan, he wants to win asap and the same is right for the board and they know that no major trophy next year will put huge pressure on the club. It is already reported that he promised Laporta trophies next year

Well, the veterans aren't going to make him win, to the level of the club's and his ambitions (I'm sure Barca's ambitions are higher than Europa League). They are too old. So if he wants to win, this is a strong argument for dropping them. But you can't drop them for likes of Jutgla, Mingueza, or Alaves level players like that.

He needs transfers, and for Laporta to bring in top players. Every player that has a future in this team has been playing consistently under Xavi. For more you need transfers. And not only cheap or free or old players for short-term loans. I'm talking about Ferran-money for signing players in other areas of the field.

That rumor about Zubimendi if true, is a sign that the club is planning for the next steps.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Thanks for the video! Such a joy to watch, so many spectacular passes and actions! A unique, once in a lifetime player.

My favourite thing is maybe 5:03, the way he can play through the entire midfield and defence without doing anything technically difficult - it is just the way he turns forward with a small body feint and positions himself to see the obvious run, he plays like I do when I play with 10-year olds; with complete calmness and trust, and he is able to do it against the best.

mc_lovin

No, he is only able to do it against the worst. He showed his level against the best in the CL.

Yeah, I am not so sure about this anymore.

Our previous board fucked up our transfer policy quite biblically. Now we added pace/verticality upfront+Araujo developed nicely in the last few month and suddenly our seniors don't look so terrible. Why couldn't we get a physical player next to Pique instead of freaking Lenglet sooner? Why didn't we go for pacy forwards? It puzzles me.

The biggest victims of Barto are 100% our veterans.

Home of Barca Fans