Sergio Busquets

Bobo32

Yess I remember. I think it will be a problem for him to play consistently at every topteam in Europe because of this issue. They all want fluint football with no one breaking up promising attacks. At Barca it?s indeed even more important to play constantly great balls at speed. Then his best league would be Italy. There the speed is lower and they tend to take more time at the ball.

I think it?s not because of this but maybe a club with a double pivot. A great player adjust to a system if he has to play a double pivot or more a central mid with a 6 behind him. A through ball stays a through ball from both positions. I understand that some more sensitive players are having problems with that but the real ones are bossing them all. So for me it?s based on his qualities and form.

If he managed to play more like the Espanyol game with energy and fast one/two touches at the right moment then perhaps he will progress. Also less safe options and more intuition solutions on the ball. Otherwise it?s just a matter of time when Gavi and Pedri will stay at the cm positions and Busi as 6. Those first 2 were playing great stuff yesterday in the last minutes and look like made for eachother. Napoli?s goal were on heavy attack duo to them.

Yeah, Italy might be the right place for Frenkie, but I think he might succeed in England as well - his calmness and technique might still make him stand out there (but it would have to be the right team there of course).

Yeah, a matter of time before it's Gavi and Pedri with Frenkie on the bench. I really liked his position v. Espanyol though, I thought Gavi as a LW and Alba outside really suited him. A couple of nice combinations where Gavi met and Frenkie could go for a 1-2 and so on, Pedri lurking on the inside...
Frenkie is very good turning and twisting when pressured and his back towards the goal, I am safe with him not losing the ball in these situations, and it is impressive when he succeeds in turning away from someone in his own area for example, but it isn't something to build a team around... What he really could bring to the team is some power in delivering the ball from deep when he has space to run into, and that's what he got to do when he could drift more deep and start from almost a IWB position similar to Alves' on the other side. As Gavi was not a true winger, it was possible and good for Frenkie to leave the space the LM should usually occupy.

I hope we don't have to think too much about gala elevens, but can approach it more as a matter of form and rotations and so on, and Frenkie could still be of use in a lot of scenarios I think. But for his own good, maybe he should leave...

Gnidrologist

iu

And you hope i will ever be benched?
Well

iu

Gnidrologist

He is part of the reason why we are having shambolic second halves. He his defensive capabilities turn from 5/10 to 0/10 due to last puffs of gas running out. Napoli match was different case, because he was subbed on late, playing fresh against run down opponent. His little neat tricks do not compensate for leaving team so vulnerable.

Zidane82

He is part of the reason why we are having shambolic second halves. He his defensive capabilities turn from 5/10 to 0/10 due to last puffs of gas running out. Napoli match was different case, because he was subbed on late, playing fresh against run down opponent. His little neat tricks do not compensate for leaving team so vulnerable.

Our defence and Steg are our problem

Sailor Mars

This game is a great example of why Xavi has continued to feature Busquets. For Xavi's vision on how this team should play, a midfielder like Busquets is an integral part to that vision.
Busi still has his flaws, but I don't think his role can be replicated by anyone on the current squad.

Home of Barca Fans