Sergio Busquets

Zidane82

It doesn't matter who replaces him as long as that player can run and defend, which Busquets hasn't been capable of for more than 5 years.

Yeah it is not as though Busquets is our quarterback / playmaker.. its not as though our whole game revolves around him

Just get a bloke who can tackle and run

Gnidrologist

But Frankie has been here since 3, so clearly running & defending isn't all that needed to replace him, If that would have been done already.
Which is why we've been routinely skullfucked by even mediocre teams in Europe all these years. Busi, Alba, Pique, Lenglet etc. have all been culprits in this and apparently they've been irreplacable too.
Yeah it is not as though Busquets is our quarterback / playmaker.. its not as though our whole game revolves around him

Just get a bloke who can tackle and run
If you love being r3ped every time we meet a semi professional team outside la liga, sure. Let's keep him until he's 50.

mc_lovin

Don't want to protect the three amigos too much, but they had complete trash around them. Madrid did a much better job surrounding theirs with quality.

I am still not over starting the likes of Abde, Demir, Braithwaite and Jutgla in attack for a while. Or Lenglet and Semedo. Or fecking Griezmann on the wings.

Will be interesting to see how Busquets does next season in a more balanced and physical team.

Zidane82

Which is why we've been routinely skullfucked by even mediocre teams in Europe all these years. Busi, Alba, Pique, Lenglet etc. have all been culprits in this and apparently they've been irreplacable too.

If you love being r3ped every time we meet a semi professional team outside la liga, sure. Let's keep him until he's 50.

Well done in missing the point altogether .. what is the main reason you support Barca ??

It cannot be for the way we play as Busquets IS the way we play

serghei

Don't want to protect the three amigos too much, but they had complete trash around them. Madrid did a much better job surrounding theirs with quality.

I am still not over starting the likes of Abde, Demir, Braithwaite and Jutgla in attack for a while. Or Lenglet and Semedo. Or fecking Griezmann on the wings.

Will be interesting to see how Busquets does next season in a more balanced and physical team.

I agree. Alba in particular has been playing well. I think people just love to hate on him a bit too much.

ajnotkeith

Well done in missing the point altogether .. what is the main reason you support Barca ??

It cannot be for the way we play as Busquets IS the way we play

What way did we play last season? Crossing 100 times a game? Are you sure Busquets was the reason we played like that?

Zidane82

What way did we play last season? Crossing 100 times a game? Are you sure Busquets was the reason we played like that?

He is still controlling the pace of our game .

I cannot believe you guys dont see how vital he is .

Thankfully Xavi is in charge ..

jairzinho

But Frankie has been here since 3, so clearly running & defending isn't all that needed to replace him, If that would have been done already.

He's gonna be hella difficult to replace, that's the first thing Barcelona fans have to accept before any change can come

What happens if we don't find a player with the exact profile and skillset? Do we just keep around him well into his forties?. Better to phase him out now and we adjust our midfield/game as required. That's where a quality coach comes in. It shouldn't be hard to do.

serghei

What happens if we don't find a player with the exact profile and skillset? Do we just keep around him well into his forties?. Better to phase him out now and we adjust our midfield/game as required. That's where a quality coach comes in. It shouldn't be hard to do.

We will. Since Pep Barca, that profile of DM is more common now. Rodri, Jorginho are that profile.

jamrock

I'm not saying we don't phase him out, we should have started already & tried with de jong but after 4 coaches it failed, so it's clearly not as simply as someone who is fast.

So all I'm saying is, accept he has a unique skill set & that he will be difficult replace, then go about trying to replace him intelligently.

If that means changing the profile of the team NP if it makes us more successful.

Home of Barca Fans