Sergio Busquets

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I wonder what this thread would look like if Busquets was a Madrid player

well gingerless gives you a great answer. but also, I don't think anyone here would deny that on the pitch Sergi is a Monumental Dick.

but that's part of what makes him so valuable. we have a team full of fucking choirboys and monologuing essayists. well okay, one monologuing essayist. anyway, we need someone who's a bit dirty, a bit savvy. we added Mascherano but he's still figuring out how best to use his aggression and dickitude in Lliga after coming from the PL when he could be an absolutely monstrous cockmonger and kick anything in sight and get away with it. anyway yeah, we need people like Sergi to do the things he does. he's essential to give us a bit of a backbone.

he's a dick, but he's our dick, you dig?

if he was an Arsenal player, you'd love him.

zanela

Such despicable behaviour has no place in Football (or any sport for that matter) Its a shame there are few takers of fair play and sportsmanship and condone acts that bring this sport to disrepute. Not only does it send a wrong message to the football future but detracts from the beauty of this game, that which is most satisfying when its kept simple. The footballing world just witnessed a spectacle in the form of blaugrana's sec goal, a modern great taking the enemy on his own and dispatching them in the most spectacular fashion.<-------Now my friends, thats what i call Entertainment. Not the frivolity on the pitch. Not instances that violate the spirit of this game. But football in its purest form.
Glory has its worshippers but she bemoans the shallowness.

I refuse to believe my team is not equipped to conquer our rivals without any on-pitch absurdity. The 2-6 a case in point.

look at the di maria thread, nothing going on there so.... there's your answer

That's cause he gets all the stick on Madrid matchday threads. And bar CR7, culés aren't too enthusiastic about discussing madrid players in their respective threads.

impeh

Hi, its me..
as awesome as this guy is, his over reacting is rather annoying and makes us look kinda stupid, cant exactly defend him either.

That said he always has a solid game , but lacks pace to be used as a CB imo..

FiReFTW

Such despicable behaviour has no place in Football (or any sport for that matter) Its a shame there are few takers of fair play and sportsmanship and condone acts that bring this sport to disrepute. Not only does it send a wrong message to the football future but detracts from the beauty of this game, that which is most satisfying when its kept simple. The footballing world just witnessed a spectacle in the form of blaugrana's sec goal, a modern great taking the enemy on his own and dispatching them in the most spectacular fashion.<-------Now my friends, thats what i call Entertainment. Not the frivolity on the pitch. Not instances that violate the spirit of this game. But football in its purest form.
Glory has its worshippers but she bemoans the shallowness.
+1

And seriously what hypocrits some of you are, never missing a chance to criticize players like Di Maria or CR for diving and playacting but when it comes to our own you turn a blind eye and act like its fine.

gazza

well gingerless gives you a great answer. but also, I don't think anyone here would deny that on the pitch Sergi is a Monumental Dick.

but that's part of what makes him so valuable. we have a team full of fucking choirboys and monologuing essayists. well okay, one monologuing essayist. anyway, we need someone who's a bit dirty, a bit savvy. we added Mascherano but he's still figuring out how best to use his aggression and dickitude in Lliga after coming from the PL when he could be an absolutely monstrous cockmonger and kick anything in sight and get away with it. anyway yeah, we need people like Sergi to do the things he does. he's essential to give us a bit of a backbone.

Ha ha brilliant Meta ....... monologuing essayists can't stop laughing.

iookram

I don't like the bad side of Busquets but... It is really irritating when people say that Barca(as a whole) are dirty as a result of the actions of 1 player. Massive stereotyping.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't like the bad side of Busquets but... It is really irritating when people say that Barca(as a whole) are dirty as a result of the actions of 1 player. Massive stereotyping.

+1000000

The people who judge like that are themselves 100 times worse.

fcbarcatenerife

Totally agree. Like Xavi said, he's a little bit "puto", street smart. He draws fouls like nobody I've ever seen at his age, which is an art all by itself. In normal matches, he's very subtle, placing his body in the way of other players so that they are forced to plow into him, that kind of thing. The problem is that he sometimes overdoes it and it's too obvious. That happens in matches where teams like Inter and Real Madrid come out with the obvious game plan to physically intimidate Barça. Late challenges, stepping on ankles, knee stomps, hip checks, throwing elbows, all that violent bullshit that a small team like Barcelona would be vulnerable too if it weren't for players like Busquets drawing yellows and reds from assholes like Motta and Marcelo. Honestly, I can't understand how people think that stomping on somebody's ankle is "part of the game", but go nuts if somebody exaggerates the pain felt by that stomp so that they referee will punish the violent player. It's like they think that they should just stoically take the physical abuse, which will escalate if they are not punished, until Pepe finally breaks Xavi's leg or something. Fuck that. Drawing cards by calling the referee's attention to each and every one of the violent tactics is a way to protect themselves from the Pepe's of the world. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

Totally.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Thing that gets me about the Motta red card from last year was, well, it happened to Motta :lol:

The out-cry from many after the match, ignoring Motta's antics in (for example) the matches against Chelsea earlier on. I find it hard to care when it's these players that Sergi is winding up.

nebeer

Love is All
I think Busquets should be careful not to playact too much. He is a great player, should keep his image positive.

I mean there's a fine line between drawing fouls and playacting too much.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Motta's red was deserved though. A hit in the face is a yellow no matter what. Busquets milking it shouldn't have affected the decision.

Home of Barca Fans