Seydou Keita

mobster_1930

105p37b.jpg

Barcafan 2304

Despite the interest of other clubs, Seydou Keita (31) wants to stay at Barcelona and told his agent not to inform him about offers. [sport]

A bit like Ole Gunner Solskjaer in this respect. Knows he wont get many starts but values where he is and recognises his role. Great guy to have off the bench

X

xaviniesta

Unbelivable fact but Keita took part in most of Barcelona's 62 official games this season.

After playing 56 official matches, Seydou Keita was the player Josep Guardiola made the most use of this season. The Malian has set a wonderful example and this has been reflected in his number of appearances.

Seydou Keita’s third season at FC Barcelona was also his busiest, with 56 appearances, which was more than other players that tend to get more media attention, like Messi, with 55, Alves, with 54, and Villa, with 52.

Of Keita’s 56 appearances, 35 were in La Liga, 15 of those as a starter, and he scored 3 goals. In the Champions League, the African played 10 games, 4 in the starting eleven, and he scored once. In the Copa del Rey, he appeared in every game, starting 6 of them and coming off the bench in 3, scoring two goals in the process. He also played all ninety minutes of both Spanish Supercup matches against Sevilla.

But Keita should not only be valued in terms of statistics. He has also become a central part of the team and Josep Guardiola has never tired of highlighting his exceptional attitude. As he said in the build-up to the game at Hercules on January 29, for the Barcelona manager, the Malian is “the image of the team”.

That day, Guardiola went on to say that “the player shows generosity in everything. I hope his is the image that can guide us from here to the end of the season. When the players in a team accept they are substitutes so gracefully, that team will go far”. Guardiola knew what he was talking about. Barça won the Liga and Champions league and Keita played a fundamental role in the team’s balance and performances.

Captain Keite

2010-07-29_PARTIDO_26.JPG

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/10/n110610117948.html

impeh

Hi, its me..
Yeh he's been awesome. :wub:

couldnt buy a better player that can come in and consistantly do the job well, and is happy playing whenever he's asked.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
yup just read the website....excellent squad player and when needed to play in a big game is always ready such as the CL tie in madrid

jamrock

milan reportedly preparing a bid for him, if its a decent one, though i really like him, sell i says

Home of Barca Fans