Seydou Keita

LaMessiah

useless is pretty harsh. he had a bad game, doesn't mean he's complete rubbish. he's had plenty of good games. and to be fair he's not supposed to be playing as many minutes (especially starting 11) as he has been

coolasif

Pep once again gifted Keita a starting berth as Cesc and Busi starts on the bench.I can't get it out of my head what makes Pep think Keita is better DM than Busi.Starting Keita over Busi is really uncalled for :(

E

estranged

Pep doesn't think Keita is better than Cesc or Busi, he just knows how to manage a team properly. Keita will not be starting any crucial games this season (the further we progress into the season) so for a squadie like Keita these are the game she should be starting, no need to panic.

JonM

Of course. He's playing with the most technically gifted players in the world. He'll always be the weak link in that midfield. You just have to accept that.

(and I think Messi lost the most balls...)

dalitis8

Banned
Of course. He's playing with the most technically gifted players in the world. He'll always be the weak link in that midfield. You just have to accept that.

(and I think Messi lost the most balls...)

Then he is not good enough for Barca. We have Thiago and maybe we should promote someone else from our youth, or buy another midfielder.

Just no more Keita...

JonM

Then he is not good enough for Barca. We have Thiago and maybe we should promote someone else from our youth, or buy another midfielder.

Just no more Keita...

Any midfielder in the world is gonna be the weak link in that midflied except for a few that I can count on one hand.

Keita is perfectly adequate for the limited role he has to play.

dalitis8

Banned
Any midfielder in the world is gonna be the weak link in that midflied except for a few that I can count on one hand.

Keita is perfectly adequate for the limited role he has to play.

If his role is very limited, then maybe. But we should be looking for other solutions now...

Manuel Traquete

If his role is very limited, then maybe. But we should be looking for other solutions now...

No, we shouldn't. Keita will remain an integral member of the squad as long as Pep is the manager. Pep loves Keita, and with very good reason. He'll never be dropped off as long as Pep is around.

Manuel Traquete

What if he scores an own goal every game?

If he does, Pep will stop trusting him. But that's a ridiculous example, something that will never happen. He's a great squad player, he knows his limitations, he knows his role and he doesn't complain, he's not brilliant but he's a very solid backup player, the ideal squad player imo.

Home of Barca Fans