Seydou Keita

dalitis8

Banned
If he does, Pep will stop trusting him. But that's a ridiculous example, something that will never happen. He's a great squad player, he knows his limitations, he knows his role and he doesn't complain, he's not brilliant but he's a very solid backup player, the ideal squad player imo.

What I am trying to say is that if/when a player's performance levels drop. He must be dropped.

Manuel Traquete

What I am trying to say is that if/when a player's performance levels drop. He must be dropped.

That goes without saying.

But you also suggested Keita should go, and simply put he really shouldn't. He's the ideal squad player; he is solid and reliable and can do several positions across the midfield without compromising. Most importantly, he knows his role and he doesn't complain. Is he as talented as Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago or Cesc? Of course not, he doesn't have 1/10 of their talent. Does that mean he's surplus to requirements? Absolutely not.

Fringe/Squad players are part of the team. You can't build a successful team just with world beaters. Solid, hardworking players like Keita are important as well. To me, Keita remains one of our best signings in recent years, I don't think we could have found a better squad player.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
That goes without saying.

But you also suggested Keita should go, and simply put he really shouldn't. He's the ideal squad player; he is solid and reliable and can do several positions across the midfield without compromising. Most importantly, he knows his role and he doesn't complain. Is he as talented as Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago or Cesc? Of course not, he doesn't have 1/10 of their talent. Does that mean he's surplus to requirements? Absolutely not.

Fringe/Squad players are part of the team. You can't build a successful team just with world beaters. Solid, hardworking players like Keita are important as well. To me, Keita remains one of our best signings in recent years, I don't think we could have found a better squad player.
this

impeh

Hi, its me..
Forgot about this

'Mali drew 2-2 with Liberia yesterday, which means they have qualified for the African Nations Cup and that Seydou Keita will miss a total of 12 games for Barcelona.'

So Keita will be missing in January/Feb ... Hopefully we wont have any other injuries around that time.

abual3bed1

ya he's gonna be missing around 6 liga games + 5 copa games (if barca qualify) and he could be back just few hours only before 1st leg of Round of 16 in CL ..

he should be with his NT around 5th or 6th of january .. and only if they get to the final .. he'll be back in 12th of february ..

MD says that barca will talk with the Malian Football Federation to postpone his departure for like 10 days ..

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Playing for his national team is fine but ACN being played every other year is silly.
Why don't they have it every 4 years like WC or EC...

Hatem Ben Arfa

Playing for his national team is fine but ACN being played every other year is silly.
Why don't they have it every 4 years like WC or EC...

I think it being every 2 years has got something to do with there being 54 countries in Africa and only 5 of them are able to qualify for the World Cup which is every 4 years. Just my musings on the subject.

Spooge

what is the point in Keita?

He doesnt do anything, he doesnt want the ball unless the team are comfortable.

He must have incriminating pictures of Pep, how else does he manage to play shit and constantly be selected?

Home of Barca Fans