Seydou Keita

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@barcelonista

digging the past in true dalitis style to completely own dalitis :lol:

Why is he banned though? Occasion is well put there again, Keiteee in dalitis out :lol:

O

oyetunde

The discussion about keita's quality is irrerevant.
The mistake was pep's decision. and the discussion should have been centered around this and the tactics involved.

We played something like a hybrid with alves somewhere between the 4-3-3 and the 3-4-3..
In any case keita's selection hampered our attack, because iniesta whenever he plays out wide, his natural tendency is to cut in..
Plus that Alexis also drifts centrally.
This was devastating for our functionality.
Look how narrow we were.. the center of the pitch was always overcrowded..
When guardiola corrected his mistakes with Tello and Pedro it was already too late..
And the truth is that Milan is weak in the FB area. Fact! exploited by many other teams.
we played in their hands with pep's selection (in the case of barcelona, playing in the hands means only not dominating..)

Given the plan A, our 4-3-3, (and this the point where you can bring on keita's qualities and inabilities..)i (and much more people i think) prefer iniesta to play in the md and not keita.
I dont agree with your arguments about ball retention, physicality and steel.. Ok, you are right that Keita did his job.
But was that job needed?
Why on earth would we want to play like that? Why? We are the best team in the world, the other teams should adapt to our way of play, not we to them.
we didnt even play madrid. we played Ac milan FFS..
i really dont get your point on that.
Besides you go there to score much, and you have the ability to do it and sweep from the first leg..

Pep really underperformed tonight. Reminded me of the night almost 2 years ago, when he made an awful selection to allow inter to dominate(3-1).
San siro, fucking stadium of bad luck!
i dont like the whole scenatio at all..

Best post ever

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
This one was the best response at that time:

And of course it turned out completely right. Irv, like a Nostradamus. :worthy:
Keita starts a CL game instead of Cesc => dalitis is banned from the forum the very next day. Hilarious.

LOL! I totally forgot about that prediction. I'm smarter than I thought. thanks for reminding me. LOL. and I think Pep should have started Keita long ago if that's what it would have taken to get Dalitis banned.

@barcelonista

digging the past in true dalitis style to completely own dalitis :lol:

Why is he banned though? Occasion is well put there again, Keiteee in dalitis out :lol:

Keita in --> Dalitis out ... GREATEST. SUBSTITUTION. EVER!!

gingerless

very frustrating performance. added practically nothing to the team, didn't cover for cbs, couldn't make a proper pass and kept getting caught in possession. so glad he got taken off, was on a yellow too and almost cost us a penalty

Trickykid

I can die a happy man if I never see Keita as DM ever again. His sub and Busis arrival (... and the fact that Zaragoza were getting tired as hell of course) changed the flow of the game completely.

abual3bed1

He's not a dm, he looks lost playing there.

he's not an away games DM, he looks much better as a DM at Camp Nou + it's his only shot to get some playing time, no way he's gonna play CM with the 4 La Masi boys are fit

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's not an away games DM, he looks much better as a DM at Camp Nou + it's his only shot to get some playing time, no way he's gonna play CM with the 4 La Masi boys are fit

yeah he's alright at the Camp Nou in the 3133 because there's many other midfielders around and he's freer to use his pressing & workrate to win the ball back.

struggles hugely in the 433 though. hopefully we get Romeu back this summer, or promote Jona. we need a backup to Busi though, for sure.

M

mitkoa7x

He should play against Getafe. Xaviniesta need rest ahead of the Levante game, which is followed by the semi.

I watched Levante - Atletico and apart from the 2 mistakes that lead to a goal Atletico didnt do anything wrong and still Levante pressed them so hard and made some really dangerous chances. If we concede a goal at the Ceutat we're fucked. IMO we will concede, we'll need to outscore Levante.

karthik

There are huge chances that Keita might start and hopefully after the game, he wont receive the same treatment as what he went through after the game at San Siro. Good Luck

B

barcelonista

If Cesc is fit, Keite won't start. Pep's not letting Cesc on the bench in London. Doesn't even make sense from a tactical point of view. Keite is 183 cm. Cesc is 179 cm. That's not even 2 inches of difference. And from a physical point of view Cesc is very robust as well. 8 years in the Premier League, fss. He can deal with Chelsea.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Yeah and they measured Ibra at 6'2 before he left or something ridiculous. He's been 175cm all his career, he didn't grow over an inch last summer :lol:

Home of Barca Fans