Seydou Keita

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
me too.

one of my favourite players in our history. I love this guy. gonna be a shame when he goes but I suppose he was very close to Pep.

Reasonus

Yep. He gives more to the team than his performance on the pitch. You sure he leaves ?

Pep is fond of his character, but I have never thought of Keita as more than an average player from a purely athletic perspective. I don't think it'll be a big loss if he leaves.

B

barcelonista

I've heard Malaga want him for € 10 million. That would be nice for him tbh. He can be a starter and get Champions League football in a top 4 team. Keite-Cazorla midfield. :worthy:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I see there's a lot of demand for Keiteee and tbh paying 10M for a veteran is quite too much... I'm guessing the club presidents are under the impression that they can lure Pep later on by signing Keiteee now

DennyCrane

Pep is fond of his character, but I have never thought of Keita as more than an average player from a purely athletic perspective. I don't think it'll be a big loss if he leaves.

It WILL be a big loss.
Many ingredients go into the making of winning teams, such as talent, pace, strength both mentally and physically. All these factors are important. But the intangible that often binds them together is team chemistry. It's what makes the difference between a good season and an outstanding one.
A team may consist of 11 world-class players, but they may never go anywhere without that certain bonding of spirit and purposefulness that will enable them to work together harmoniously, dovetailing all their skills willingly and unselfishly for the common good.

Team chemistry can be described as follows:

- The ability of players to get along with each other, work smoothly and unselfishly under the leadership of the coach
- Each players recognition of the specific role that he has in the team approach
- Mutual feelings of loyalty and empathy for one another
- The ability of the players to anticipate one another's moves and to blend their efforts into the team pattern
- A strong sense of team identity coupled with total commitment to the programm and coaching staff.

Keita is one of these players that bind this team together, whether he plays or not. He's an important team-building factor, Pep knew that from day one. Masch, Pinto and Puyol belong to these players as well. If such a player leaves, it has a huge impact on the entire team.

In a nutshell: There's more to this player than meets the eye.

M

mitkoa7x

I see there's a lot of demand for Keiteee and tbh paying 10M for a veteran is quite too much... I'm guessing the club presidents are under the impression that they can lure Pep later on by signing Keiteee now

An interesting theory, quite plausible too

X

xaviniesta

everybody who thinks keita shpould leave is not a cule. and i have to say i don't see many cules out here...

Clks

everybody who thinks keita shpould leave is not a cule. and i have to say i don't see many cules out here...

I would like for him to stay but not as a player, clearly that is not one of his strong points. It showed in the last couple of games when he played in the midfield. I think Pep playing Keita was more feeling than rational thought, just like leaving Barca was just the same. Exclusively as a player on the pitch he is nothing more than average (sometimes good, sometimes bad). I wouldn't have a problem seeing him anywhere else in the club, but benching Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc is not his job.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I would like for him to stay but not as a player, clearly that is not one of his strong points. It showed in the last couple of games when he played in the midfield. I think Pep playing Keita was more feeling than rational thought, just like leaving Barca was just the same. Exclusively as a player on the pitch he is nothing more than average (sometimes good, sometimes bad). I wouldn't have a problem seeing him anywhere else in the club, but benching Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc is not his job.
Can you find any player better than him who is willing to stay in the bench waiting for his chance, take a small salary and yet play such a vital part for the team.

Home of Barca Fans